Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

falling asleep for no reason

my husband is a 44 year male who has copd which is lung diease. lately he has been sleeping for no reason. he falls asleep while taking a bath he also fall asleep while he is watching tv. he would fall asleep while someone is talking to him. he said he just feels very tired all the time. he also has been having slight pains in his upper left side of his chest. could this be related and also i have been testing his sugar levels sometimes it is in the 200-300 range could this also be related and i hope that someone can also this question.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mrsc2020
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2008
Sounds like....
Your husband may be getting narcoleptic:

Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that causes overwhelming and severe daytime sleepiness. Pathologic sleepiness is characterized by the fact that it occurs at inappropriate times and places. The daytime sleep attacks may occur with or without warning, and can occur repeatedly in a single day.

I had sleep apnea for years until I got a CPap machine last December.

I was having alot of trouble not sleeping at night and having uncontrollable episodes of sleep while at work.

As a medical assistant I was taking a lady's blood pressure one day and dozed right off. It can be scary and dangerous too. I have driven in my car like that when it was all I could do to stay awake.

You all might want to think about a sleep study.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2008
Community Volunteer
not narcolepsy. def not. sounds as if his blood sugar is dangerously high. also his heart might have a problem.
|