Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Fall after hip replacement

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
My mom is visiting from India. Two years ago, she underwent a hip replacement in India. While walking yesterday, she fell on the lawn. A visit to the urgent care and X-Ray reveals what appears to be a slight crack in the cement.

Question: Does this mean that she will have to undergo surgery here? Can she travel back to India and get surgery there? She appears to be fine, does not have any problem moving about, and there are no pain symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Call an Orthopedist here and check with them...Even call two if you are not sure...Make sure that she can travel without fear of breaking down...I think this is important with her traveling....Good luck and I hope that she is OK...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?