Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension Forum

Fainting , blackouts and shaking

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
In the last few months, (July till now) I have been experiencing standing up and passing out. When I start opening my eyes or start realizing where I am and who I am, I notice my body shaking uncontrollably. The first time, I got out of bed and went pulled a stool and started climbing... next minute, I found myself on the floor with the stool above me and the back of my head against the dresser in an upward angel with body shaking uncontrollably! The last time, very recently, I was walking towards my 23 month old son in the play room and must have blackout, found myself on the floor with my right shoulder on the fuzball table handle, (which is placed on the ground) my shoulder was badly bruised and swell like a balloon, meanwhile laying on the floor trying to figure out where I am, who I am, then seeing my body shaking uncontrollably. I have done blood works for my doctor and he told me that all came normal. Can anyone help me on this issue? I have been drinking a lot of fluids and eat sweet stuff, stay away from Coffee, do not drink besides one or two once every 6 months to a year and I'm scared to fall down the stairs when my husband is at work and finding myself getting badly hurt on the tiles. Also worried about who would come rescue my kids and me before my husband gets home. I had this a lot recently! Even during when I've been sitting on a chair or standing up slowly.. I'm very worried!

I have a blood pressure machine at home and when I took it, several times it came as 59/44 .... I was feeling vomity and extremely sick! This result has come several times on my machine. my normal blood pressure is 120/80.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2009
aprox. 7 years ago i started experiencing the same problems..when i wake up or come out of the black oout i have a pulsing headach..i was just dx'd with neuro cardiac syncopy...after 6 yearso of looking i went to a new dr. and he explained that when i go from laying to sitting or sitting to stand pretty much my blood pressure drops usu. to 44/30ish and blood to my brain STOPS. causing me to black out this also happends if i get too hot..like when im cooking or driving..so im pretty limited now..i would deff have it check out theres no cure but meds will help reduce the eposides hope this helps
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Look into the possibility of Dysautonomia or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.
|