Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Failed R/F Ablation

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
6 weeks after the Ablation, my wife's back pain is just as bad as previously. Does she need more time? Is there a more advanced procedure or another Ablation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2012
radio frequency ablation - lumbar spine
my insurance won't allow me the RFA for sacorilliac joint but okays it for lumbar - could you explain your before condition - was ablation for lumbar spine or upper spine? How was the actual procedure were you awake, how was pain during? I am deciding if this is right for me they are suggesting a L5 ablation as the two numbing shots worked for a short period (fist injection lasted 4 hours and second with steroids lasted 10 days) would you do it again? Do you happen to be in Missouri using KU hopsital? thanks for any info
|

replied June 24th, 2012
I had RFD on my cervical spine (L side). I'm having my (R) side done Tuesday and I'm terrified. It's been just over a month since the first RFD and my skin feels weird....like it's tight...hard to describe. Pain all through my neck and down my left shoulder clavicle blade. I'm hoping that it's referred pain from the right side and when I get that side done, I'll feel better. I sure hope so! It was tried on my lumbar spine but didn't work Sad So, I'm trying to be optimistic about my neck, but believe me, it's REALLY hard I'm soooooo tired of this pain.....no relief whatsoever and have a family physician who really doesn't want me to take pain meds. What should I do? Right now, jumping off a bridge looks like a good plan although I could never take my own life....it would kill my family, and I'd be too scared to do it anyways. But it's really discouraging when you seem to be (not literally) running into brick walls all the time when you just want the pain to go away and have a NORMAL life. I now have to have someone come in once a month to do a good cleaning of my house. I'd much rather be able to do it MYSELF....life sucks!
|
Quick Reply