Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Factors that determine penis size

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hi

I am 25yr old. Dont know where to start from but I wana ask one simple question, that is - can I unapproved advertising product to help grow my pennies. Or if u could give me any other suggestion to have more stronger pennies and erection cause i have very low erection which I feel uneasy for.

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2009
Sexual Health - Men Answer A8567
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

Penis size is usually determined by race and genetic make up. Unfortunately, there are no medications which can increase the penis size. Size may appear different in certain conditions like phimosis and a buried penis. Uncomplicated phimosis where the foreskin is tight can be managed by medical measures, if medical measures are not helping; it warrants surgical treatment like circumcision.

A buried penis is of normal size but appears buried due to insufficient skin between the abdomen, scrotum and shaft of the penis.

In certain conditions, the size of the penis may be smaller than the normal and is usually associated with other abnormalities and it is called microphallus.

An anatomically normal but small sized penis is usually due to genetic make up and does not have any medical treatment to increase the size. Surgical treatments to lengthen the penis are available but they are of uncertain value and associated with their own complications.

If your erection is not strong enough, a physical examination and an assay of hormonal levels will help in identifying the problem. Erectile dysfunction has psychological causes. Please consult your doctor for the examination and necessary investigations, if required. If the cause of ED is a suspected psychological reason, then you may benefit from counseling. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.