Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

face burning

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi everyone. For the last 8 months iv had this red band that runs across my face. Its the width of my ears and runs right across the front of my face, even though my eyes with the white parts also very red. my ears are now always red, and never go back to there normail colour. Its always there, in the morning it is a little less red, but over the course of the day it slowly builds up. 5-10 mins into eating dinner and now some times lunch, the redness across the hole band becomes really red, with my ears, cheecks, and nose burning. i have ringing in my ears and night sweats aswell. if i sit infront of a computer screen it becomes very red also. its effecting my life now to the point that i dont do alot of things because every where i go my face is burning. my doctor has got no idea whats causing this. so now im asking people out there for there advise and help. i will be grateful for anyones help. thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have a tendency to blush or flush easily?
Are bumps and pus-filled pimples located on the red area of your face?
Does your skin feel itch or tight along with the burning or stinging sensation on the face?
Are you experiencing eye problems like eyes burn, itch, watery eyes, swollen eyelids, red eyes?
|

replied August 25th, 2008
hi, yer i do have a tendency to blush easily now, but before it was only when i was really embarrassed, now it happens for no reason. nah i dont have any pimples on my face. skin does feel tight also think its because iv stop using moustries for the last 8 months on my face since its become red. i do have red eyes, both of them are red in a straight line right across the middle in both of them..
have you got an idea what it might be?
thank you
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry for delayed post!
I kind off lost the connection to this topic, and I hope you'll read my new post.

I think that you are suffering from a chronic skin condition, known as rosacea.
Tendency to flush or blush frequently or easily, flushing when consuming hot drinks, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages, a redness or flushing that's more pronounced during extreme hot and extreme cold weather, extreme skin sensitivity when using certain facial products, such as soap, moisturizers or cosmetics, persistent redness in the center of the face that has gradually involved the cheeks, forehead, chin and nose; ears, chest and back also may be affected, watery and irritated eyes, are common features of rosacea.

Visit a dermatologist as soon as possible, cause treatment given during the early stages can lead to better control of this chronic skin condition, which currently has no cure.

Best wishes,
Marija
|

replied April 11th, 2009
ughh
okay i dont know if this is the same thing.. but i got a rough patch of itchy burning red sensitive skin on my like...cheek bone area also on my lower cheek, i have NO IDEA what it is and its bothering me so much,it kind of seems like a rash...but not exactly...its so tender...AHHH.... i thought it was from a cat and tht maybe i was allergic but i am no where near a cat at the moment.
|

replied August 7th, 2009
my skin problem
So i had athletes foot - fungus so i would apply medicine without touching the infected area, usually with a napkin.
Although everytime i scrathed any part of my body it would get red and inflammed and i would then apply ketoconazole thinking there fungus bacteria, it would work sometimes. But now i have this area on my skin below my cheek. which always stays red! and it burns! but its no rash or i dont feel like itching it!

im thinking its an allergic reaction but ive had this for a month or two. not going away! take benadryl, nothings working.

whats going on? how can i make this hot burning sensation go away?

and everything i would scratch would get red
|

replied November 26th, 2012
The original poster has the symptoms of a new disease. It is called Electrical Sensitivity. Computers in particular have electrical, magnetic and radio frequecy including microwave fields that they give off. These interfere with your body's own fields and can cause somne serious health problems in the long run including cancer, heart\stroke, diabetes to name just a few.
It's worst if you live near cell or hydro towers or have a smart meter attached to your home.
We all need to become more aware of these invisible waves that we can't see but can make us extremely sick.
Best advice is to buy a meter and monitor your exposure then try to minimize it. For more info google "Electrical Sensitivity" and "Dirty Electricity" Good luck...one and all.
|