Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

29, F, diagnosed with tachycardia, electrodes not working

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi I'm 29 yo f. with a a family history of heart disease. I have been diagnosed with tachycardia and take metoprolol 50ml which had mad all my chest pai. Go away for over a year. Out of the blue about 6 months ago chest pains started again. Not very often but enough to stop me in my tracks like a panic attack. Which I have no history of not anxiety. As the months progressed so did my chest pain. It is now daily all day with very few moments of no pain. I am always aware of the pain even when it's dull if feel it. My heart now feels like it's having ha hard time pumping almost like its rattling or wheezing. I had gone to the hospital and they did another elf which showed my right side electrodes not working properly. They say it's common and not dangerous. I had gone to my doctor which gave me celexa and anti anxiety med ssri which I had an awful reaction to increase irregular heartbeat. I need help now I'm not able to live life any more as I'm strictly home bound. Please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2016
Chest Pain Answer A55556
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With normal work up and medications all of anxiety and depression i think your doctor was considering anxiety and panic attacks for chest pain. With yoru history of metoprolol use, your cardiac profile needs to be addressed. I wonder which electrode are they talking about, if its an SA node then you will need a pacemaker. Other wise anxiety panic attacks are the best guess here.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.