Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eyes move side to side involuntarily

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
my 12 yr old daughter told me about a month ago that when she woke up in the morning her eyes started moving very fast from side to side and when it stopped she had a headache and felt nausious. well i dismissed it and thought maybe she hadnt had enough sleep that night. well now it has happened two more times only now she knows when it is going to happen and it is during the day. she says she has a headache and the headache will be mild but last for hours she then starts to see the room 'spin' (her eyes are normal at this point) and then the movement of the eyes begins. they move very fast side to side for about 10-15 seconds and then stop. leaving her nausious, dizzy with a headache and terrified. she has not injured herself and has no other health issues. she is not on meds either. does anyone know what this could be???
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank funngirl956 for this post: bro71 

replied May 7th, 2010
funngirl956
did you ever find out what you daughter has? I''m doing the same thing.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
No, i didnt. She was admitted to the hospital after her primary care physcian ordered a MRI. We discovered she has an Arachnoid Cyst of the brain. They were not sure if the eye movements were realted to the cyst or not. She was released and has not had another episode since then. The doctors never got to see the eye movements. She is not on meds or any type of treatment, so we do not know what caused the eye movements, headaches, or dizziness and we do not know what stopped them.
|