Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

eyes making a weird noise

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
It's very hard to describe. It's kind of like a suction noise but in rapid succession. I don't get it all the time but I do get it often. It usually happens with my right eye, more so than the left one. If I press my eye (of course with my eyelids closed) it makes those noises. Especially if I press the corner of my eye, closest to my nose.

When it happens with my left eye, it's the same thing.

I get this most often when I'm laying on my right side. And if I turn over, it usually stops but not always. But I get it sometimes even when I'm standing or sitting up.

And sometimes if I blink hard, it makes that noise, but only one time, not in rapid succession.

I don't know if it's related but my ENT doctor said that I have a slight deviated septum.

It doesn't hurt but it is very annoying.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dr. Nikola
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Doctor
Do you have some vision problems?
Do you experience increased production of tears?
Do you have burning sensations and itching in the eyes?
Do you have redness on the conjunctiva?
|

replied June 8th, 2008
Experienced User
No, none of the above, except for not being able to see well at a distance, for which I use glasses and contacts. And an astigmatism.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2008
Doctor
Those noises are probably not related to nasal septum deviation. They could be due to rapid tear movement into the tear's (lacrimal) canal and sack (sacus lacrimalis) when press on the nasal corner of the eye. Tears canal (canalis lacrimalis) starts from the nasal corner of the eye and transport the tears in to the nasal cavity.
I think you shouldn't worry about that sound.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
Thanks to Dr.
thank you so much...i also have same kind of problem in my eye,so you say i dont have to worry.okay

but.... Can it it be removed..??or why is this sound coming..??
|

replied June 18th, 2008
Thank you!
|

replied July 1st, 2010
i have a similiar thing my right eye mainly i dont get that much sleep most is broken sleep so my eyes are genrelly abit bloodshot i smoke canabis on the ocasion and it gets worse i would assume because of the level of bloodshot my eyes get im just a little worried that theres something wrong with my eyes, is there anything wrong? thank you in advance Smile
|

replied November 28th, 2010
Swooshing Noise right behind my Eyes
I hear a swooshing noise that seems to be right behind my eyes and feels like an electrical pulse passing through. And faint to loud steady ringing noises sometime when I wake up and for several days and then it goes away. Also, my eyes seem to be light sensitive. Does not feel like Tinnitus, but neuro related. Anyone else?
|

replied April 27th, 2011
in my research online, I have found a huge amount of people sharing this symptom are on or just recently stopped taking meds for depression and anxiety - including myself. it started not too long after i went off celexa.
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
dry Eye Noise
Well i have this also more in my right eye and I use artifical tears as I am getting older at 65. I did not have this at 50. I think the right side is not supplying the lub that the eye should and I think it is connected to the sinus canals somehow. I plan on seeing both my eye doc and ENT doc. Seems kinda normal now that I read about so many people having this. So everyone just check it out with your docs and they will advise you. Good luck and may god bless.
|

replied June 12th, 2012
Masuclar Pain behind my eyes
Sometimes when i move my head either to left or right directions towards my shoulders, some mascular movement sound comes from behind my eyes. After the sound my eyes start paining. I don't want to move my head like that but sometimes I feel that something is behind my eyes & they are pushing my eyes. After such feelings I feel like to move my head in that directions. Please help me what to do?
|

replied June 12th, 2012
Masuclar Pain behind my eyes
Sometimes when i move my head either to left or right directions towards my shoulders, some mascular movement sound comes from behind my eyes. After the sound my eyes start paining. I don't want to move my head like that but sometimes I feel that something is behind my eyes & they are pushing my eyes. After such feelings I feel like to move my head in that directions. Please help me what to do?
|

replied July 20th, 2012
I have this symptom too more in the right eye and I may relate it to withdrawal of efexor (anti-depressant), still nobody gave an explanation for this
|

replied December 2nd, 2012
just reading the notes from the Dr. Nikola really helped. My little girl woke up and said her eye was making a weird sound and she said it didn't hurt and she can see its just a weird sound. so i guess we have nothing to worry about so thank you for your help.
|
Quick Reply