Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eyes dart around uncontrollably.

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
See, my whole life my eyes dart around in random directions uncontrollably. I can look someone in the eyes for only a few seconds and then my eyes will dart again. As hard as I try I can't stop it. I've been searching to try and figure out what it is but nothing matches up. It's becoming distracting because everyone points it out and it looks as if I have a nervous habit. It's not that I can't look people in the eyes because I'm not confident or anything. It even does it i'm not talking to anyone. Please, if you have any idea.. help me out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
An unintentional jittery movement of the eyes is known as nystagmus.
It could be a benign condition appearing as an isolated problem not associated with other conditions, or it can be eye-related, ear-related or caused by an underlying neurological disorder like multiple sclerosis.
Nystagmus is often exaggerated by looking in a particular direction and may be associated with certain vision loss.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: eyes, vision
Quick Reply