Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eyelids swollen, red, itchy, and scaly.

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
12 days ago, I began a regimen of 2 Tblsp. of apple cider vinegar 2x a day. 4 days later, I awoke w/upper and lower eyelids that were swollen, red, itchy, and scaly. Other than the vinegar, I can't think of anything that is new and different about my routine. I have not worn any makeup since this started and I threw away everything that I WAS using prior to the problem.

Is it likely that the apple cider vinegar could have caused this (4 days later) or does it sound more like an external topical type of reaction? Once the culprit is determined (if possible)and eliminated how long does one's symptoms typically take to go away?

Yesterday, day 11 since this problem started, I rubbed aloe vera (directly from a plant) on the affected areas. It seems that the swelling is slightly less and the redness is drastically improved today. I noticed a brown spotty residue on my eyelids when I woke up this morning after having used the aloe vera before bedtime. Does this tell anyone anything?

I appreciate any help given.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?