Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eye Angiogram

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Has anyone here ever gone for an EYE angiogram? I went to see my ophthalmologyst last week and he said I should go for this and an OTC. He did not give me a clear reason why - and I am not keen on having a cannula (huge thick needle) and a pipe attached to my arm, have dye injected into my veins and suffer nausea, pain and chance of serious side-effects, just for the sake of making sure everything is okay. I know my vision is okay and I can really live with my minor vision issues - but to recommend something like this, so expensive and all that pain and discomfort in aid of??? I would have put up a stiff upper lip and gone along with it if I was unfortunate enough to be diabetic or have glaucoma or anything that would indicate a fluorescent angiogram...but I am fortunate enough to be perfectly healthy and why meddle with something if it is not broken?? I am quite angry about this - because I cannot just decide not to have it and just forget about it either. I'm thinking surely there must be a serious reason for a Dr to recommend something like this - or do they sometimes do it just because...?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2011
Eye Angiogram.
I am due to go next week for an Eye Angiogram but I am happy to do so having been shown the retinal scans and had it explained in full why it is necessary. I have developed blurred spots in my right eye which could well be leakage from blood vessels behind the retina and as I suffer from blood pressure mostly controlled I do not want the siuation to escalate because of a serious leak developing. Go back and ask your opthalmologyst for more details.
|

replied September 25th, 2011
Eye Angiogram.
I am due to go next week for an Eye Angiogram but I am happy to do so having been shown the retinal scans and had it explained in full why it is necessary. I have developed blurred spots in my right eye which could well be leakage from blood vessels behind the retina and as I suffer from blood pressure mostly controlled I do not want the siuation to escalate because of a serious leak developing. Go back and ask your opthalmologyst for more details.
|