Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Eye and Muscle twitching

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hey guys. I had eye twitching for about 2-3 years may be but it happened very rarely. Recently my upper left hand started twitching but its happening all the time and very often.. There is no pain and I can clearly see it. Its very annoying and I would appreciate any advice or help.

I want to post some more information so that the common cause of this problem can be identified:
I'm slim, I do muscle training sometimes. I wasn't doing any training when my eye started twitching. Nowadays i do only press ups, nothing else.
I am nervous and stressed because of my Bachelor thesis deadline these days. That may be the main cause of this problem, but I am not sure. I don't smoke or drink much coke, but I stay very hungry sometimes.

If I want to go to doctor, what kind of doctor should I look for (neuro, psycho ...)?

Thank you and I'd really appreciate any help or advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi
i think it would be best to see the neuro fist so he can rule out any neurological problems. after they are ruled out then you could think about trying to ease the stress. you might consider a more aerobic exercise routine as it has been proven to be almost as effective as prozac....pete
|
Users who thank pete81241 for this post: yondaime27 

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi yondaime27,

You would want to see an optomologist (eye doctor). It just may be a spasmatic nerve, which thousands of people have...it can last from a few days to years...depending on the person and the severity of the condition.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Users who thank FadedRose for this post: yondaime27 

replied February 21st, 2010
Thank you guys. I will do my best.
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
problem twitching
can it have anything to do with the heart? Because my daughter has rapid heartbeat and when she was diagnosed she started having twitching on her eyelids and around her knee area
|

replied October 9th, 2013
Experienced User
Twitching causes many such as allergy,medications for me it was my body wash gel whitch caused muscle twitching and I don't have it after stopping using the gel.
|
Quick Reply