Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Extremely tired constant headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
The last couple of months I've been struggling with my hormones, but I've been to my GP for tests on day 21 of my last cycle and he said everything's fine. My progesterone is just a little high but nothing to worry about. (I did OPK's and got a positive which may be the reason for this) I did pregnancy tests and got negatives and my period came, though very short and VERY little. My problem is that I've been getting terrible headaches now for two days (I don't usually get them) and today I haven't been feeling good. EXTREMELY tired and my brain feels dull. My period was yesterday and the day before. It has stopped today. Could this be related to my hormones? I've heard that progesterone could cause things like these, but shouldn't the levels have dropped already? Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Supporter
Are there any other stressors in your life?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Actually progesterone is one of the recommended dietary supplements for treating menstrual migraine headaches. Then again, it can cause headaches if the dosage isn't correct. Maybe there is another cause of the headaches? Have you been feeling better?
|

replied July 30th, 2008
Experienced User
I have been feeling better, thank you. But if it's not one thing bugging me it's the next. I don't think the headaches are stress related at all, because I have been under quite a lit of pressure for about a year now and it's only lately that I've been getting headaches. I do think it's hormone related (I've been feeling teary, very emotional which is not like me at all and very tired all the time), but I don't want to run to the dr every week, I'm hoping it'll sort itself out. I am ttc and have been taking Clomid (which I've taken before with no side effects) the last couple of months. I've stopped that now.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Supporter
I see. I've noticed for myself that I tend to get headaches when there's a change... in my eating habits, in the air pressure, or in my daily routine. I think hat gentle exercise has really helped me with headache relief. Do you exercise?
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Experienced User
No, I'm very guilty in that respect. I don't get much time, as I'm at work from 7 in the morning and get home only at about 6 at night. Then it's time for cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing and seeing to my boy of 5. Luckily I've got a great hubby that helps a lot, but after all that I'm so tired and only want to relax. I'm not overweight though, so I've always been lucky to get away with it and in all honesty I HATE doing any form of excersise.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2008
Supporter
Please, girlfriend! Don't try to tell me that you're not stressed! LOL. Maybe you're just used to the hectic schedule. Are you interested in trying some quick little exercises? I'm a yoga instructor too and have some poses in mind for headache help...not too much like exercise but really helps!
|

replied August 4th, 2008
Experienced User
Thanx, any advice will be great, but I have to warn you I'm totally clueless with yoga. I've tried it once before but it felt like I was breaking myself. (LOL)
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2008
Supporter
Well, there are other practices that focus on breathing and gentle movement of the joints. The important thing is to take 20-30 minutes for yourself every day!!! One thing that I do to get circulation to the brain is to lift my legs above my head by lying down and putting my feet up on the sofa or on a chair. If you're flexible in your hamstrings, you can try to straighten your legs and put them up a wall with your backside just touching the wall. 20 minutes, and I feel great!

Or, you can look into qi gong or check out the beginner level classes at yogatoday.com. Good luck and let me know what's going on with those headaches!
|

replied August 20th, 2010
hello i've had a really weird headache more on the leftside of my face and pressure on the top of my head also feel so tired my legs feel heavy and at times feel dizzy been like this for a couple of weeks now was told by doctors that my calcium is low please can anyone help.Thankyou.
|

replied August 25th, 2010
Experienced User
sheenameena wrote:
hello i've had a really weird headache more on the leftside of my face and pressure on the top of my head also feel so tired my legs feel heavy and at times feel dizzy been like this for a couple of weeks now was told by doctors that my calcium is low please can anyone help.Thankyou.

Hi Sheena,

I feel like that all the time and for years I went around in circles trying to find out what in the world was causing the same symptoms. Now I know, but I can't do anything about what is causing these symptoms, but at least I now know I am not going mad.

Most of these symptoms that seem to be undiagnosable is caused by electro magnetic radiation that comes out of cell phone, cordless phones, DECT phones, and any form of Wi Fi computer set ups.

There is no cure, but to avoid this contact the best way that you can, and don't sleep with them turned on near your bed.
|