Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

extremely sore to touch lump in crease near groin?

User Profile
I found a lump,inside right leg near groin area but in the crease of my leg where it bends. It is exstremely sore to the touch or if something presses on it as cancer runs in my family all kinds it scares me. I do not have insurance and have not seen a doctor for at least 2 years.I have had a full Hysterectomy and am not taking any hormones but have very bed night sweats, hotflashes etc. Answers please, Very Scared...

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2011
Lymphoma Answer A21764
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the painful lump that you're having in the groin region. This kind of lump can be a swollen lymph node or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus. Even swelling or inflammation of the muscles can sometimes cause painful lump.

What exactly is this can be diagnosed only after examination and investigations like ultrasound or FNAC(fine needle aspiration cytology) of the lump. Till that time you can apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain reliever. Please consult a physician for the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.