Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Extremely heavy bleeding with odor

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I just got my period yesterday and I'm normally a heavy bleeder but this is really heavy. It wakes me up and I feel like I'm passing big chunks of tissue, but when I look at the pad, there's not a lot, just a lot of blood, same as well when I'm on the toilet. It kept me up. I'm wearing two pads and I've been changing them about every 2-4 hours for the past 10 hours. It also doesn't have the usual metallic smell. It smells more like poop or maybe something dying? I don't have cramps or anything like that, just dizzy, fatigued and exhausted. Is there something wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 10th, 2010
Experienced User
I would consult your physician for an expert opinion.
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
my wife had something similar to that. She has anemia too. Umm, I don't really know what could cause the smell, but possibly your diet. Keep track of what kind of foods you eat. take care
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
I went to the hospital during the week twice. They did a sono and everything and apparently I'm fine. But I'm cleaning myself out of the progesterone the hospital gave me the first time. I lost so much blood and was so dizzy I had to take an ambulance. And in two weeks, I'm then going to go for blood work so they can check my hormone levels but it seems it's just my period. Thank you for your insights everyone!
|
Quick Reply