Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Extreme cramping on right side

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have a cramp in my side all the time. It is right behind my gallbladder and feels like the same type of cramp you would get as a kid after running too much in P.E. I am in good shape and take a fiber supplement every morning. I have high stomach acidity, so I take Aciphex once a day. Went to the doc and all my tests came back normal including blood tests, ultrasound, and upper endoscopy. Any idea what I am feeling or how to help?

Thanks,

JB
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jbarraclough
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2008
Doctor
What did your doctors suggest after all those negative tests' results?
Did they suggest you to do HIDA scan for checking your gallbladder for any functional disorders?
Do you have any other symptoms beside abdominal cramps?
|

replied June 26th, 2008
He did suggest that a HIDA scan could be the next step. Unjfortunately, it's 6 weeks later and he has made no follow up, yet I still have this cramp in my side that will not go away. I have a strong family history of gallbladder removals (dad, grandmother, aunt). If my gallbladder was dysfunctional, would I be getting these types of cramps? I recently stopped taking my fiber supplement for fear that maybe I was getting too much and dehydrating myself or causing a blockage somewhere. Hasn'e seemed to help much as of yet. Just want this pain to go away!
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2008
Doctor
Abdominal pain in case of dysfunctional gallbladder is similar to that in case of gallbladder stones. Sharp, intermittent pain that starts right under the right ribcage and spreads to the back reaching the scapula.
It doesn't seem likely to me that fiber supplements can cause such abdominal cramps.
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
side cramps
i'm having side cramps and they want go away i've already had my gallbladder removed about 12 years ago and i don't know why it want stop
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
cramping right side after gallbladder removal
I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and i still have the same cramping pain around the gallbladder area. sometimes it radiates around to my side. the surgeon told me it was scar tissue rubbing the diaphragm. it is very bothersome and causes me anxiety sometimes as i think it could be something serious.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I know how you feel
I am also experiencing sharp pains. It feels like someone put a C clamp on my right side. It hurts front and back. I have already had my gall bladder removed. I have also been diagnosed with endometriosis. But no luck on identifiying or eliminating the side pain.
|

replied April 12th, 2011
it feel like a baby bolding in a knot some times i can see it move
|

replied April 12th, 2011
muscul spasm
it feel like a baby bolding in a knot some times i can see it move
|

replied July 30th, 2009
I have the same problem. Cramps on my right side. I had my gall bladder taken out years ago. It's that area where I feel the cramps.
|

replied August 17th, 2010
I too have the cramps on the right side where my gall bladder was taken out. I was told it could be Sphincter of Oddi syndrome, (SOD) so I had an ERCP where they checked the pressure in the sphincter and dilated it and it hasn't helped with it at all. Doesn't matter what I eat or do I pain that radiates into my back where my gall bladder used to be. This is the first site I've seen where people are describing symptoms similar to mine.
|

replied September 6th, 2010
? Right and Left sided abdominal tenderness and pain
I gave birth 4 months ago and now have a new abdominal pain. Right sided pain where my gall bladder once was. I first started having abdominal pain and tenderness on left side just below my stomach a year and half out of having gastric bypass. It often occured 30 minutes after eating, but sometimes also occurred even without eating. My abdomen is tender to any palpations. I have had upper GI's, CT's, ultra sounds, and xrays and nothing ever shows anything. They have tried numerous motility medications and pain medications and nothing ever seems to really help for any legnth of time. I can go months with no problems then suddenly its horrible and I hurt and am throwing up, gas, diahrea, pain, and cramping. Now I have right sided pain goes around to side and back. Its right where my gall bladder use to be. I am 5 years now post op gastric bypass and am tired of these unexplained symptoms can anyone else relate or share some insight. (I am scheduled to have endoscopy next week)
|

replied November 26th, 2011
Could this be my Appendix or something else?
The pain I am having started last night after Thanksgiving dinner I could barely eat, and then I kept getting nauseaus and dizzy. I woke up early with a sharp pain in my right side, close to where my gall bladder used to be and pain near my belly button, I have also been having a lot of gas and now the pain is all over my stomach and on both sides, its pressure too. Now it feels like sharp cramps its making me very uncomfortable and in so much pain I cried half the night. Does anyone know what this could be or sounds like?
|

replied December 25th, 2011
This is what I do..I take a hot shower..and I stretch down touching my toes..allowing the hot water to decompress that area thats also in my stomach...then I drink hot tea...or lemon water..and I have a mas-sager..and I lay on the massager...then sometimes.. U may need to u know..have sexual intercourse...that orgasm does the trick.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
pain in right side under ribs
Dear Sir,

I have the small pain in right side under ribs. i was go to doctor for health checkup. doctor suggest me ultrasound
but ultrasound is normal ( gall balder normal, kidney normal, but liver is small fatty , even i have checked my blood & stool test every thing is normal. is it cramps pain ) doctor sir please suggest me what should i do.

Regards
Neeraj Chauhan
|