Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

extra vaginal skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
okay so when i was little i touched my vagina but like pulling the skin(its outside of where you insert the tampon), and it kinda expanded and it wont go away. i asked my doctor and he said that i should put ice on it but it still hasnt gone away. how do i get rid of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohcalcuta
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
Especially eHealthy
whoknows123, Just like pulling your cheek will not change your face, pulling on anything around your genitals does not cause a deformity.

Ice is used to fight inflammation but it was only for a few hours after.

If it is in your vaginal entrance, it is your hymen. Sex and child birth will destroy it.

Your hymen completely sealed off your insides from your outsides while you were formed and growing in your mother's womb. Just before you got born, a hole formed in the hymen to allow fluid to escape from your vagina.

During puberty the hymen got thicker and elastic. It can form a thick ring around the edge of your vaginal entrance or it can have small 'flaps'.

Or are you talking about your inner labia?
|

my inner labia. it used to be normal but now somehow its larger..
|

Especially eHealthy
It is not something you did. Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. And that goes for your genitals as much as for any other body part. These changes take place during and after puberty. Some women have inner lips that are several inches long and hangs out, some peek out, almost all are uneven, a few is neatly tucked in and not visible at all.

It is not something you did to yourself. It takes massive trauma like natural child birth to change the shape of your genitals.

Ice will definitely not change the shape of any body part.
|

actually it is because before i started pulling on it and touching it was normal, but then i touched it and it became larger
|

Especially eHealthy
Actually it is not, Try pulling on your facial lips and see if you can make them larger. You will tear it long before you stretch it.
|

but it was normal before i started touching it though. i think i would know.
|

Especially eHealthy
whoknows123, You went through puberty after you started touching it. Your body does not change shape because you touch, pull or stroke it. It change because you grow up and then grow older. Women have inner lips up to 4 inches (10 cm) long and it is still within the normal boundaries.
|

replied November 4th, 2010
but im not comfortable with it. i wanna have sex but im too embarrassed..
|

Especially eHealthy
I understand that you are not comfortable with it. It most likely stems from an image you have that vulva's are smooth, evenly colored and neatly tucked in things. Just like you will see in adult men's magazines. But these photos and images are very often manipulated to look that way.

In real life things are however much more messy. Your lips can be long, short, hanging out, sticking out, peeking out or hidden, it is uneven, it can be smooth or wrinkly, it is most likely colored, purple, wine red, pink, white, black, dark brown, uneven coloring, it can be dry, wet, sticky, creamy, slippery, some days you will have menstrual flow coming from your vagina.

In short, a woman's genitals are as individual as the rest of her body. It is just the way it is. Men are the same, they have penises that are short/long, thick/thin, straight or skewed, large heads, small heads, strange colors, visible veins/hidden veins, easy or difficult to get erect, over sensitive or not sensitive at all.

It is just natural to be insecure and wonder if you are 'normal' and if your partner will like it. Luckily for us, our genitals are there for sexual pleasure and having babies. They are not there to look at and are hidden in clothes for most of our life.

So do not worry about it. Do not try to project your insecurity on your partner and try to convince yourself that he will not like it. Every person's tastes are different. By far the most mature people will accept genitals for what they are. Your partner will be just as worried about what you think of him than you are.

One of the most attractive things in a woman is self confidence. That means that you have to accept the way you look and are. You cannot change it, even if you want to. So concentrate on things you can control, being a pleasant and friendly person, educating yourself and looking after your health and fitness.

Best of luck!
|

but what if i get surgery? will i still be able to have sex and babies after it?

and almost every day, whenever i go to the bathroom on my underwear there is always gooey stuff on it and im not horny or anything.. how can that stop happening?
|

Especially eHealthy
The gooey stuff is cervical mucus. It is a natural part of your monthly cycle. Like your period, it is a natural part of your monthly cycle.

Cosmetic surgery is prohibitively expensive and are not covered by medical insurance. You also stand a chance of your vulva changing again after child birth. Cosmetic surgery is only recommended if there is a problem. Nothing that you described indicates that you are abnormal in any way.
|

replied November 5th, 2010
blahh Sad
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Im 13 and i have the same thing and i have had it for about 2 years now and i cant feel it and most times i forget about it. But when i go to the restroom i see it and its like a redish pink color and when i look at my underwear there is white-ish gooey stuff in it and i have been trying to research it for quite some time now and some day im going to lose my virginity but im afraid that its going to get bigger and im afraid that its some kind of disease. I dont know what to do.
|

replied June 21st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
u don't give age. it is important because the labia minora will grow about 25% from age 10 to 14 and over next several years can grow another 175% so u may have just matured some
if u want to see; type into google labia spread galleries and 1000s of pictures will pop up so u can see just how boringly normal u really r
little girls and little boys usually only see little girls who all look alike and without knowledge and experience they might assume that grown women look the same (unlike breasts, the labia is usually covered)
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2012
I have extra skin on my vagina I knew it was there since I was a little girl only now it's growing it nearly cover's all my vagina for some reason I keep thinking I have a "deformed" vagina is this even posable?
|

replied September 22nd, 2013
The extra skin is perfecrly normal, you have nothing to worry about! I was in your shoes when I was younger and I thought something was wrong but I found out otherwise. It is apart of puberity and growing up. Think of it like this; when you fet older you get taller right? Well same concept with you're vagina. The older you get, the more it changes until you hit around 16ish. Don't worry so much:)
|

replied December 16th, 2013
I have the same problem I''m so embarrassed about it I have the option to get surgery or leave it but I''m scared to get surgery what if it hurts when I pee , will the surgery make a difference need help I really hate this ugly skin it bothers me so much . HELP !
|
Quick Reply