Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Extra skin under urethra

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
okay, so this is weird, and possibly rare... I have been checking it out, and no photo or site gives me the info I need... I have this extra skin under my urethra: Around the vaginal opening, and just above as well as the bottom part of the vaginal opening, and going up until below the urethra. Is this normal? Its almost as if I have a third much smaller set of vaginal lips/labia, or bits of hymen left still, but I have been sexually active for a few years now, so is it possible to have hymen tissue still? Im so confused!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
NaiPie, It is almost certainly hymenal remnants. Once your hymen thickens and pulls back some time during puberty, it becomes much more elastic and does not wear away that easily. At natural child birth, it will normally disappear.

Take care!
|

replied June 9th, 2010
Question too?
omg i had the same thing wow im sooo relieved right now because its like so stretchy its wierd i thought it was some wierd disease thing and ca it happen in early stages in puberty like at age 14? well actually its like right on the lip on the right of were your urin comes out or whatever its called and its like the skin that used to be there is like longer and alot more stretchy it wasnt there before and ive never had like and sex related things or anything! so im still a little worried
|

replied November 4th, 2010
Kayukanii- exact same with me!! wow im glad im not alone i was freaking out
|

replied September 9th, 2011
what is it?
well i have have the same thing but it was sometime after having my daughter and has not disappeared its been almost 6 years now? anyone know what it is? i asked a doctor once, she was busy didnt pay much attention but said it had to do with the bladder, and the only way to remove it was to get it surgically removed. And medicare wont cover the cost.
|
Quick Reply