Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Extra skin next to clit

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Well i am quiet embarrased about this but i have extra skin next to my clit and it doesnt look very amusing and because of this i have had to sleep with my partner with the lights off for years and i wont let him touch down there and i really want to know what i can do ? Rolling Eyes thnx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied December 21st, 2010
Experienced User
Have you thought about cosmetic surgery to rectify the problem
|

replied December 24th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Ellie, I am sure you are worried for nothing. The vast majority of women does not have neatly 'tucked in' genitals. With billions and billions of women on the planet, almost anything you can think of are considered normal.

Your inner lips can be very neatly tucked away an not visible, or they can hang out or stick out or peek out, they can be smooth, wrinkly, short, long, thin, thick, it will most likely be uneven and asymmetrical, it can be pink, white, whine red, dark brown, almost black, deep purple or it can be a different color on the edges.

Your clitoris can be hidden, stick out, have a lose hood or a tight hood, have a long ridge or short ridge. It is all normal.

Your vulva can be closed like a clam, open and gaping, wet and shiny,dry and dull - it is all normal.

This is all normal. The image of the perfect genitals that you have is not real. It has been air brushed and photoshoped.

Unless your genitals are presenting a real health concern, for example, your inner lip gets pulled inside your vagina during sex and tear, there is absolutely no reason for 'cosmetic' surgery. Such surgery is risky and there are a real chance that you can suffer nerve damage or develop scar tissue which are devastating to your sex life.

I do not know how you can think that your partner does not know what your genitals look like? He has been having sex with you for a year now. Surely he can feel what it feels like, and the room is not always very dark. Yet he still loves you and stayed with you.

So do yourself and your partner a favor. Learn to like your wonderful body. Insecurity is real unattractive and problematic in a sexual partner. If you think you are deformed, see your doctor and discuss it. Any doctor that has practiced for a few years will tell you about the incredible variety in how woman's genitals look.

Best of luck
|