Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

External Vaginal Wound

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Okay so I'm worried about a wound I got after having sex. I'll spare details but I thought it was a small cut or scrape but I looked today (the morning after) and it's a decent gash. I pee and it bleeds instantly and the pain is horrible. I don't know if I should go to my doctor and attempt to explain this or what. I've dealt with wounds before as I was a cutter so bandaging is something I know well. It may be stupid but I didn't know what else to do. I used a gauze pad and some medical tape and applied neosporin. I'm a little scared I have no idea what to do or how to explain this injury to a doctor. Does anyone have any advice? That and should I go to my regular doctor or do I need to see a Gynecologist?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Community Volunteer
If it needs stitches or get infected, you need to see your doctor.

It really does not have anything to do with your doctor how you got it. You can say that it was caused by a (whatever material like metal/plastic/nail. Or if it at the back of the vaginal entrance, rough sex or a sex toy. It may help your doctor to treat it if they know what caused it (not the gory details). I can guarantee you that whatever you tell your doctor, it will not be the strangest thing they hear today.

If it is between your inner lips, it is your gyno, if it is on the outer lips, your doctor can look at it.

Use a small water spray bottle to clean while/after you pee. Urine will burn any open wound.

Best of luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply