Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Extended pneumonia treatment ?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
At the beginning of January I came down with pneumonia, didn't know it for about two weeks, and then finally got diagnosed with it. My doctor put me on Levaquin for 10 days and at the end of the dosage I felt just ok, but my lungs were dry, I wasn't wheezing anymore, and the stuff I was coughing up was no longer green. A few days later I was back to coughing up awful green phlegm, and then for some reason my nose turned on like a faucet like I had a horrible cold. I'm also coughing to the point of throwing up because the mucus sits behind my throat and eventually gags me. I called my doctor and she reluctantly put me on a 10 day dosage of Doxycycl. I've been on this for a few days and no signs of improvement, in fact there's been more phlegm being coughed up now than before. I'm hoping this will clear up from this round of meds, I do not have insurance to cover me going to other doctors or having other tests done. I'm wondering if I had pneumonia combined with something else that hasn't been detected? I've had blood work done and everything is coming back normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|