Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Explosive BMs

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I hardly ever have a "normal" bowel movement. My bowel movements are always liquidy diarrhea (a lot of it, too!) and come without warning.

When I have a BM, it comes all of a sudden. Abruptly I will involentarily release a VERY loud fart, and as soon as that happens I will shortly after begin to involentarily release stool with no substance (mainly sludge-like liquid). I can try to hold it in, but often fail miserably.

This is horrible, because I have these BMs at many inconvenient, emabarassing times. Once I was stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours. I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't, and was forced to sit in my own waste for the whole car ride. Once I was at a wedding. I tried to hold it in, but expeirienced very loud flatulence (much to everyone's annoyance.) Sevreal times have have defacated in bed! My explosive BMs happen at restraunts, in the car with people, at parties, the office... wherever!

One of the worst parts is being in a public restroom (when I get to one in time), and having people look at me in disgust when I get out. They can here the nasty squelching/farting/plopping noises I make that are so loud.

Sometimes the diarrhea will last for about an hour. It is always accomponied by loud gas. If I try to hold my diarrhea in, I have loud gas.

This has been going on about 3 years. I have a bowel movement everyday like normal, but they are always very greasy and diarrhea-like. It's only have these unexpected bowel movements every 2 or 3 days (and when I get them I often get 2 or more in one day. The most was 8 ).

I just had one of these episodes about five minutes ago. Right now, my tummy feels very gassy and cramped. I keep passing gas, and I can feel a bowel movement coming on.

What is wrong with me?

Thanks for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
This could be a case of diarrhea type of irritable bowel syndrome.
Diarrhea, abdominal cramps, abdominal bloating, abdominal fullness with gas, urgent calls for defecation could be due to irritable bowel syndrome.
Uncontrolled stool leakage is known as a fecal incontinence, that happens in people suffering from chronic diarrhea.

Visit an gastoenterologist!
|

replied June 18th, 2011
I agree, and insist on being tested for Celiac disease before going on a GF diet!!!!!!
|

replied June 13th, 2011
Relief with Prelief
Hi.

A gastroenterologist will not help. They are all useless for irritable bowel.

Go buy Prelief in the supermarket antacid aisle, or go to a drug store.

Take 1 Prelief with each meal, and one at bedtime.

Tummy trouble, email me if you get relief with Prelief.
|

replied March 10th, 2013
Hi , Dave,have yu ever been facing the same prolems? actually mine has been exactly same as of Tummy trouble.

Can any antacid be okay, since i cant find the prelief here, am planning to take any anti acid.

been diagnosed of IBS-d..Several GI but no solution yet.

Kindly Advice
|

replied February 18th, 2014
Runny loose stools
I have the same problem, but mine happens when I get up every morning and I pass gas and then I have to run to the bathroom and it is so explosive when I sit down. I am like that 3 or 4 times a day. And when I go off I take 2 immodiums so I want have to use the bathroom. But, if I eat then most of the time I will have to use the bathroom...Is there any hope.. I have been like this for over 10 yrs...
|
Quick Reply