Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

experiencing the symptoms again, can an appendix grow back?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
User Profile
Is it possible to have your appendix grow back? I had mine out 8 months ago.. And I am experiencing the same symptoms again.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2011
Appendix and Appendicitis Answer A26404
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

There is no possibility that the appendix can grow back after its surgical removal by appendectomy.

In case you have developed recurrent symptoms, similar to the one you had prior to the surgery, you might be having some complications including adhesions, pelvic abscess, etc.

You might consult your treating doctor for a examination and imaging tests including a CT scan which will help in proper diagnosis of the condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Appendix and Appendicitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.