Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

exercise after hip replacement

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I see lots of questions but not many answers???? What specific exercises can I use to strengthen my hip? And, which should I avoid? I'm 62 - bicycle accident in mid May '09 w/ surgery the same day for a broken femur - repaired w/ '2' intersecting rods which regretfully '1 1/2' months later one rod migrated through the head of my femur [called 'cutout']- total hip replacement Aug 14, '09 which regretfully I dislocated '2' weeks later. I'm now '6' weeks post hip replacement surgery & '1' month from dislocating my new hip - wearing a brace and being damm careful! Up until now I have been very active - lots of back country skiing, climbed a lot of BIG mountains, bike a lot of miles and more but not a runner. Can I start walking more [now I walk 35 - 45 minutes a day]. Am I expecting too much too soon?
Did you find this post helpful?
|