Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Excessive wiping after bowel movement

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I'm a 34 year old male and for the past couple years, I've experienced excessive wiping after a bowel movement. I will always have to go back and wipe 2-3 more times about an hour or so after the bowel movement until it's finally finished. When the stool is harder, I barely have to wipe at all. Every once in a while, I will see a little blood on the toilet paper, but not too often. Does this sound like it's a problem with fiber or possibly a sign of colon cancer? Hopefully not the latter.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
While colorectal cancer is uncommon in people your age, it does occasionally occur in younger people. However, most complaints regarding changes in bowel habits, changes in stool consistency and frequency, and the occasional passage of a few drops of bright red blood after bowel movements are due to more common (and benign) causes (e.g., changes in diet, changes in physical activity levels, hemorrhoids, anal fissures).

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide specific diagnoses to patients over the Internet. I would, therefore, advise that you see your personal physician for an evaluation. If necessary, he/she can refer you to a GI doctor or surgeon for further evaluation.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied October 4th, 2010
texans, did you ever find out what was causing the problem. I'm 29 years of age and recently experiencing the same problem.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.