Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Excessive Watery Vaginal Discharge (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello,

I am a 23 year old woman who has been experiencing what i would call excessive watery discharge. Last night for example i came out of the shower and sneezed only to find water discharge trickling down my legs.

ive been exepriencing these excessive amounts every now and then for many years, on other days i just have the normal kind of discharge but even then i think its much. without a panty liner my knickers look a mess. is that normal? the normal discharge is pale yellowy in color and odorless, the water kind is see through whiteish.

i have had sex but am not currently sexually active. i do not take any sort of pills ( birth control or medical). my diet is fine. ive been for a STD/HIV test. everything seems fine and normal.

when i told my gp about my excessive discharge she said it was normal. but i really dont think it is, as i always have to wear a panty lines, can never walk out without underwear and have to be cautious when i squeeze ( sneeze/cough etc)

can anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper worried1988
|
Users who thank safari for this post: The18 

replied October 1st, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Some women have a lot of cervical mucus. Having to wear a panty liner to protect your underwear is probably more common than you think.

The watery mucus normally happens around your ovulation. It is known as fertile mucus and it is like egg whites and should be stretch between your fingers.
|

replied August 9th, 2012
It is a sugar imbalance, not neccesarily high sugar but it can be low sugar as well. Stay away from processed sugars and all white bread & pasta. Eat small light meals during the day & drink 4-6 glasses of water a day. Do light exercise (20minitues, work to a sweat) 3 times a week. It will clear within a month.
|

replied September 27th, 2012
Water discharge
Hi , thanks for the advice regarding dropping white bread, pasta and saturated sugar from my diete. It worked and I am very greatftul to you as all the other advices nor my doctor helped for a long 10 months. I fealty I was alone until I found this forum. I liked the confidence you had in your answer. Thanks again.
|

replied December 11th, 2012
Hello I am a 40 yr old woman who is experiencing the same problems too. I don't have an issue with the sneezing but I do get droppings daily. My panties are ruined and I have 2 wear liners all the time b/c I never know when I will leak. I'm so tired of this it's very frustrating I cannot have oral sex b/c I'm afraid it may get my husband sick.. I'm so depressed and I'm tired of panty liners I just want to be able to wear a thong or go panties. I saw you stated to stay away from pasta and sugar. I drink coffee I guess it's cream I don't eat nothing on white bread. I also saw where you had a tablet than can be taken can u give me the name so I can research this.... Help me please
|

replied August 9th, 2012
Watery thrush
It is a sugar imbalance, not neccesarily high sugar but it can be low sugar as well. Stay away from processed sugars and all white bread & pasta. Eat small light meals during the day & drink 4-6 glasses of water a day. Do light exercise (20minitues, work to a sweat) 3 times a week. In South Africa we have a product 'glucoplex' it is a sugar balancer. By taking two a day with the correct lifestyle you will clear it within a month. If you have cold hands and feet you can add a Kelp supplement as well. I struggled with it for years, doctors only gave me antibiotics, studied natural health, and this is how I cured myself and A LOT of other women who came to see me with the same problem.
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Hi, Im having this problem too. Ive not been to the doctors though yet and this has been happening for the past few months, possibly about 6 months. Im 23 also, currently on the pill, and I think I had BV but that seems to have cleared up now (THANK GOD!). When I say I have excessive watery discharge, I mean excessive. And it is like water. Not mucus. I can feel it trickling out when I am at work and run to the loo because it does feel like Im wetting myself but it comes from my vagina and not my urethra. Ive been searching and searching for an answer but havent found anything to explain it so have decided the only place to go is a GUM clinic to get seen to.

I havent had this problem before now, but it may be connected to the type of pill i am on - LoGynon. But I may be clutching at straws... May come off my pill to see if that helps.

If you have any luck - please post back and Ill do the same! x
|

replied October 18th, 2009
excessive discharge everyday and soreness after sex
I am currently only 16 and i lost my vaginity to my boyfriend, he has had sex with his last girlfriend and then me so we dont think its an STI. i get watery discharge every morning but after i whipe i get no more. it is happening lots at the moment but i havent been suffering from it for long. i was put on the pill as soon as i had sex which was about 2 months ago. i'm not sure if my pill is causing this or if its because... i took my last pill of the three weeks i am supposed to take it. my monthly period should start tomorrow or the next day as i'm on a week break from my pill. the first month of using the pill everything went smoothly and my periods came nice and was also light. i'm not sure if what i have is normal for me or not? do you think i should worry?

another problem as well as the discharging is in certain positions with my boyfriend i can feel a burn and i know when he takes his penis out i will be sore. but this has happened before> from the first time i started having sex and no problems occured then.

can anyone help?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Hi,

This is an update to my previous post - I went to my local GUM clinic/Sexual Health clinic and told them about my problem (please see above) and they took some tests and found some thrush and BV bacteria, even though Ive not had any thrush symptoms. They also took swabs from my urethra but havent had the results back yet.

Its not related to my pill as I thought because I am now off of that and it's still happening.

Anyway - they have prescribed me antibiotics and a pessary to combat the thrush and the BV. So it may be a symptom of those. But I will update this page in a few weeks when I have completed the course of antiobiotics and let you all know if it's cleared up.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
watery discharge
hello, i read your previous comments which were really helpful, i too as these others have watery discharge and also a very itchy vagina, im not sure how to get rid of it? im only 16 and havent had sex. i dont want to tell my mum as it is rather embarasing, can you help please? all i want to know is how to get rid of it without seeing a doctor please??
thankss
|

replied February 27th, 2012
it kinda sounds like a yeast infection, if that is the case eat a lot of yogurt with probiotics in it. However im experiencing the same thing, and it may be a yeast infection coupled with something else. try over the counter yeast infection stuff and the yogurt. if it doesnt clear up you must see a doctor. there is nothing to be embarased about, im sure you mom has had the same problem at least once=)
|

replied January 19th, 2014
I really enjoyed your remarks, it was well said well thought out and well respected. This young girl I'm sure really felt good about herself, once she read your remarks. I'm sure she was better able to handle her issue and probably went on to tell her mum. Don't know her, but thanking you for her.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Also I had a leaflet on BV and one of the symptoms can be an increase of vaginal discharge - it may become thin and watery, change to a white/grey colour and develop a strong, unpleasant, fishy smell, especially after sex. This may explain my problem.

Re-reading your post Safari, it sounds like you may have a weak bladder as your problem is brought on by coughing and sneezing. Have a look at the embarrassing bodies website as I know that they looked at this problem on one of their programmes. If your not comfortable talking to your current GP ask to see someone else about it - and explain its brought on by the sneezing.

But anyway, I feel so much better about it now Ive seen someone and explained my worries. Better to get it checked again and again than to worry about it for ages.

Hope this helps!! x
|

replied November 25th, 2009
Clear water discarge can be a sign of Cervial cancer.... I know because that was the first symptom I got that made to me go to the GYN and was told they needed to do some tests. I don't not have ANY STDs I DO have cervical cancer. Get in to see a new GYN imdeatly
|

replied December 7th, 2009
Ok so probably not cervical cancer
Hi I get similar symptoms too, think a trip to the doctor is in order. I've had a chat to my Mum who is a sexual health nurse and she told me to get it checked but not to panic (I freaked when I saw the post above). She said it's probably thrush and not to rush to conclusions like cancer based on one symptom.

Hope it all goes ok, good luck to the rest of you ladies Smile
|

replied December 29th, 2009
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A WEAK BLADDER. If you say that then you have absolutley no idea what we are trying to explain. I say we because I also unfortunatley have had this problemt for the last month or two. It comes and goes randomly and I am the same as DMAYS as far as being at work and having to go to toilet immediatley.
|

replied August 7th, 2010
watery discharge
i am 18 n i have nt had sex yet,still a vagin,but i too have this problem i havent been to the doctor cause im sacred of what they may say...i was checking on the net n some websites sae it may be vaginal herpes
|

replied November 26th, 2010
Excessive waterlike discharge
Im 16, and im having EXCESSIVE amounts of watery discharge. when i say excessive i mean, a watery discharge that soaks through my undies, and leaves wet spots on my pants. This usually occurs after sex, [no std] but it comes out of nowhere sometimes. This has only been happening for a couple months, and ive been searching for answers. There is not bad smell, or itchy, Just water-like discharge that soaks my clothing. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
|

replied November 26th, 2010
...[ADD ON]
I think it may be linked to rough sex, having my bf's head jabb into my cervix, but i am not sure.
i have nto yet tested my theory with having "soft" sex. but Is that a possibility of the watery discharge??
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
I was wondering that because my boyfriend and I have, lets just say, fetishes and have really rough sex..to the point that my bean hurt for like a weak after and I thought I might have had a bladder infection because it hurt to pee. I dont have excessive its just every now and then throughout the day I can feel some trickle out..I'm wondering if it is ovulation, though it just seems more watery to me, or if he knocked something loose! I had blood work done at the hospital and fit as a fiddle..hmm..
|

replied January 26th, 2011
I have this problem and it looks as tho i have wet myself, I have exess groin sweating and watery discharge and its been like this for 2years. It really upsets me and the doctors dont bother, care and I am so embarrassed, I am 24 and I rarely leave the house because of it.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
It could be HERPES if you keep having excessive watery discharge
I hope everyone above or who is concerned of this problem, PLEASE GO GET a BLOOD TEST of HERPES.

Because I was treated as other STD for my excessive watery discharges but the result is clean, then I started to have breakouts and got checked again, found out it's herpes.

Lots of people don't have breakouts or any symptoms even they carry herpes. Also,
STD test CLEAN doesn't mean you don't have herpes. you have to have blood test to ensure, if you don't have any symptom.
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
Hi there,

I am a 19 year old female, who has been non sexually active for the last 5 months.

Im not sure where to begin.. I have been tested for all the STI's and BV and Thrush and there still isnt an answer.

My discharge is very heavy, It was completely normal until around the age of 14. My discharge on a normal day is very thick, smooth and white and causes me to have to shower twice a day as it gets stuck around my inside lips. The smell, isnt exactly fishy, I would describe it a more vinegary. Other days, I will wake up and walk to the bath room to have very water white discharge dribbling down my legs. Some days it will completely soak my underwear, and make me feel like I have wet myself.

Recently I received oral sex, and a day later, my smell has become a horrible fishy.. I cant even explain it, but theres some sort of other metallic smell to it.

Also would just like to point out I am on no contraceptive pill, and my diet is generally ok.
Please-any help will be great!
|
Users who thank MsJRM for this post: Worriedmommyof2 

replied January 16th, 2012
I am havthing the EXACT same symptoms and have been tested for all the same things, all which came back negative. Did you ever find out what was wrong??
|

replied August 13th, 2011
Help! I recently had very watery discharge in a friends car and it was so embarrassing I don't even want to see him again. It was on the car seat when I got up and it looked like I had wet myself, buy I didn't and it didn't smell like anything either. Someone help
|

replied November 24th, 2011
I'm sixteen and have never had sex and am not on any sort of medication, and I've been having this problem a lot. But only about two weeks of my cycle. It's really bad and i wear a grey school uniform (london boarding school so im not with my mother) and it disks right through the grey. I don't know what to tell the nurse because its really embarrassing. What is is the cause / what can I do?
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Londonlight, do you have a walk in clinic anywhere near you? That way you could be seen by someone other than your nurse if you're embarassed. Or you can make an appointment with your GUM clinic at local hospital. It's completely confiential, they;re lovely people and are used to us being nervous AND they've seen lots more people with much more embarassing things! It's their job! I had to go for the first time when I was 16, but it was fine, honestly. It's probably something reeeaaally simple, like bacterial vaginosis, which can be caused by something as simple as using certain shower gels. Alway best to get these things sorted and put your mind at rest x
|

replied March 17th, 2012
Excessive watery discharge
Im 50 with the exact same issue, excessive watery discharge. Was light before, now in the last few weeks heavy to where my pad liner feels soaked by the end of the day. And I have started to need to use more than one. I don't want to go to the Dr. when I went over this before with my doc when it wasn't heavy, it was light, I got my annual pap done n he said I was normal n healthy there. But it's worse now. The internet doesn't have much on this, this says more here than anyway where Ive been, Any Dr's got something to say?
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Use a Menstrual Collection Cup to Capture the Fluid
I'm having the watery discharge as well (no pain or itchiness), and although I have no answers in terms of figuring out the cause, I highly recommend using a menstrual collection cup like the Diva Cup or Moon Cup. They are super comfy, cost effective and eco-friedly. It will just capture all of the fluid so you don't have to worry about soaking your pants, changing out your liner, or giving off a bad smell. I was going to get an IUD this month, but since you can't use menstrual collection cup when you have an IUD, I think I'm going to wait off until this watery discharge goes away. I hope this helps improve quality of life until the issue gets resolved!
|
12 >>