Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

excessive sleeping ?

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
On an average day i can sleep anywhere from 9-13 hours and sometimes more. This use to be a thing i did on the weekend as a kind of luxury. I mean hey i was a teenager! But now that i'm in college i do it everyday. At first i just put it down to stress but then i went home for a week and still did it and then again at my grandmother's house where i relax the most. I've always had headaches, when i wake up i feel to groggy and i can't really think, my lower back will hurt or be stiff, and sometimes i feel like i've just been under a stressful time sometimes when i wake because my muscles are very tense. My roommate says its because i nap but i just cannot make it through some days without a nap. There are days when i wake up and the only thing i can think about is getting back to my bed. It's really starting to cut into my study schedule and i've already missed one class three times and i never miss class.`I'm so worried that something may be up and i'm so sick of being tired all the time. (also i've lost 20 pounds and still workin on losing more i just don't know what it could be.....) Thank you to anyone who post. Any information helps!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pandachan18
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2008
Experienced User
Do you feel depressed at all?

Also, does your university have a mental health clinic where you can seek help from a counselor or psychologist. I know that some schools offer services for free.
|

replied November 22nd, 2008
might i mention that i adore you photo. but I've had depression issues since i was 11 yrs old. I'm going to see the school shrink dec. 4 and he has a good rep here so i should be fine. i'm just going insane sleeping so often!
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2008
Experienced User
Sounds like a good plan. Please update about the appointment. I wonder why you need to wait so long?

Thanks for the kudos on the avatar. I really like it, too. Smile
|

replied May 20th, 2011
This might be coming too late but get yourself checked for parasites. I know blastocystis hominis causes those symptoms including the stiff muscles and loss of weight.
|

replied February 10th, 2012
I sleep to much: around 15 hours. Fortunately, I work part-time, but I can't do the other things I want to. I have been diagnosed with dysthymia, or chronic depression. Any help, anyone?
|