Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

Excessive hair loss, can anyone relate?!!!

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
I usually always keep my hair pretty short, but about eight months ago I started growing it out and it started falling out a TON more that usual. I'm losing about 150 hairs a day. There were some days when I was loosing probably 200. I went to two different doctors, had tons of tests done for hypothyroidism and hormone abnormalities, absolutely nothing came up wrong with me. Both doctors said it would probably get better with time. It hasn't gotten ANY better, I have even cut my hair pretty short again and I can still run my hands through my hair at any time during the day and pull out several strands of hair. When I brush it sometimes I'll brush out 20-30 strands. In the shower I loose from 40-80 each time. The funny thing is that I don't have any bald spots and it doesn't look any thinner to anyone else so I know I'm growing new hairs. I just don't understand why it all of a sudden started falling out so excessively 8 months ago. I keep waiting to go bald because with all this hair loss, how could I not?! It's making me miserable and it's all I can think about all the time. I cannot find ANYONE to relate to which makes matters worse for me. Can anyone out there relate to this at all???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 29th, 2011
I am going through the same. Seriously considering a hair piece. Advice?
|

replied April 29th, 2011
Hello everyone.I have hair fall problem from last two years and i have loosed so many hair.kindly tell me what should i do for the health of my hair.Give me some suggestions and ideas about it. Thanks.
|

replied May 5th, 2011
hair piece / wig?
|

replied June 8th, 2011
Any tips?
|