Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Excessive amount of mucus build up

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have excessive mucus build up in my nose and throat throughout the night. Sometimes I wake up and spit up all over my bed, like a baby. I have not slept through a night in about 2 weeks without a lot of coughing and spit up. Tonight was the first time it started coming out through my nose. It looks to be about a 1/2 cup worth of mucus. I'm not sure what to do. I will be seeing a doctor on my day off, provided they have open appointments. Also, the mucus is clear, and the coughing is terrible. It's almost as if it's a dry cough but this time I believe food came up with the mucus, otherwise I'm not sure where these beige chunks of mystery came from.

I really need some insight as to whats going on if anyone can help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Christie712
|

replied July 14th, 2011
Me Too!
OMG - I am having that same problem - mine started this week - do you sleep with a CPAP machine?
|

replied March 22nd, 2014
I am experiencing the same symptoms. Does anyone have any answers. I was told it was acid reflux; even with the medicine still have the problem.
|