Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

excess fecal matter after bowel movement

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
For years, I have been suffering an embarrassing problem with my bowel movements.

I will have a normal bowel movement until I feel relieved, and will wipe clean like normal. Within 10 minutes of leaving the toilet, a small amount of excess fecal matter will release, often signalled by itching around the anus. This release will occur almost immediately if I am running/jogging, occurs within a few minutes if I am walking or stand in place after walking, and will not happen at all if I am sitting down (but will inevitably happen some time after walking away from sitting down). This happens every time I have a bowel movement, regardless if I feel finished or relieved, and forces me to go back and wipe again, sometimes multiple times.

I try not to leave the toilet so soon after relieving myself, and attempt to push out the extra fecal matter that I know is there, but never to any success.

When wiping, it often takes a great deal of wipes before I am actually clean. Often, I can tell there is still fecal matter stuck in my anus that I simply can't clean unless I were to wipe very, very deeply. On very rare occasions, there is deep red bleeding.

This has been a problem for me ever since the third of three jaw operations I had between 2003 and 2004. The medications I was prescribed for the third operation were: clindamycin, hydrocodone/acetaminophen, and chlorhexidine. My social life and life in general have suffered a great deal because of this problem, and I tend to avoid social activities, or can't enjoy myself fully for fear that it will happen.

Are any of my symptoms familiar to anyone, and can anyone give me any insight or advice? I plan to visit a doctor about it soon, but would like to better understand the problem beforehand, if at all possible.

Thank you, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bmhunter
|
Users who thank bmhunter for this post: panicattackjack 

replied April 11th, 2009
excess fecal matter after bowel movement
called anal leakage... see your dr. do you have hemorrhoids, this can cause leakage. a weakness in the muscle that contracts in your anus seems to be the cause. Use a small amount of tissue tucked into position in your rectum that will plug the leak and stop the itching. (sort of like a mini tampon for the rectum) again, see your doctor and explain it fully... make him/her take time to listen, which is sometimes difficult!
|

replied May 20th, 2009
excess fecal matter after BM
I have the exact same problem. What I've discovered: wait 20 minutes after BM and take a shower. Get a hand held shower head and direct it at your anus and most of the time you will see the "excess" hit the shower floor; stop booze if you drink; eat mostly salad, fish and at drink least a gallon of water per day.
A bidet is the ideal solution.
|

replied May 13th, 2010
same problem here .. had it for yrs. I go in the shower with a hand help and blast my ass clean ...
|

replied September 5th, 2010
Me Too!!
Dealt with this for years- saw a colon rectal surgeon that said I had internal and external hemorrhoids. I had noticed the issue after a BM, but the hemorrhoid always shrunk back in quickly, and was never painful or irritating. I had the hemorroidectomy in hopes of curing the problem. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and things are looking promising! Funny though (not really) when I asked the surgeon WHY i was having this problem she said she didn't know- maybe excess skin from the external hemorrhoids. I had maybe a pea size external one. This is a colon and rectal surgeon saying, "I don't know"!I was just so sick of the nastiness, that I was willing to give it a try. So far- success! AND, the hemorrhoid blogs sound like people have gone through hell, so maybe doing it early makes it easier on yourself, because it hasn't been so bad and I would say is totally worth it!
|

replied June 29th, 2013
Cool!

Exact. Same. Problem.

Gonna head to the doc's tomorrow and have my hemmies removed! BOOYA!

No mo' BO
|

replied September 25th, 2010
i to have this problem has anybody else had a hemroidrctomy
|

replied October 20th, 2011
Like bmhunter Mine started after Taking clindamycin for an oral infection. Mad My story is just like his 'cept I was having Na-pom Pudding Poos at first. Rolling Eyes Not Diarrhea, just regular Bowel Movements, and they stunk to high heaven. I was afraid to light a match for fear the throne would land in the next time zone. giggle Anyhow my Butt Dr. had me checked for some kind of Diarrhea that clindamycin can cause...Negative. The Dr. Put me on anti-diarrheals and Probiotics. That seemed to clear everything up. After I stopped those the leakage started.
Like marques, I had set my shower head on hard massage and blast me Ass! That seems to be the only thing I can do.
So I stared the anti-diarrheals again. I take 2 after every poo, and they are solid and no leakie. But if I don take them one time after a poo, next one's leakie.

I finally bought a commode with a B'dae in it so I hit the button and it blasts my ass clean (repeat 20 minutes later).

I had a friend that grew up in the canal zone that went to jail when he was 18, only the Jail was the prison and he was rapped. He has this problem too, he rolls up a little piece of toilet paper and sticks it up there like a tampon/cork. It works for him.

Cheers
BuBu Razz
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Bowel and prostate problems
saw my consultant - told me to lay off tea and coffee - very common problem caused by reflective reaction of the bowel to stimulants. Think about it, this is precisely what animals do when affected by fear. It is part of the flight or fight reaction.
|