Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Everyone Turned on Me; Nowhere to Go

Saturday morning, my girlfriend and I woke up at my mother's house where we usually stay. That morning (like every other morning my mom and her boyfriend don't go to work) they only cooked enough breakfast for them and her boyfriend's daughter. This is an everyday occurrence, so I walked out and asked, "Next time you guys make breakfast, could you think of us?".
I then walked back to my room, and once in my girl and I heard my mother screaming profanities like crazy.
She then proceeded to call me "worthless, idiot, stupid, etc.", to which I got in her face and told her not to call me that. Then she pushed me, to which I pushed her back (I hate putting hands on anyone, especially my own mother).
After that I called it quits and walked back to my room.
She followed me like she used to all the time when I was young. I tried to calm down in my room, but she kept slamming the door open and screaming while I tried to keep it closed. After a couple minutes of this she ripped the door off the hinges.

She eventually went away, so my girlfriend and I packed up and moved to her house.
After being there for an hour my mother's brother called me and threatened to slit my throat. This is the second time he's said it (first time I was 14 and he was holding me by the throat).

I immediately contacted my father and drove an hour to his house with my girlfriend.
I told him what happened, and he suggested I file a report on my uncle. I did so.

Now after being out of my house for over a day, my girlfriend is absolutely despising me. She hasn't talked to me all day and is being extremely moody (she is pms'ing and took kpins which make her angry).

I feel like everyone has turned on me and the only person I thought was my friend hasn't responded to any of my messages I sent early this morning asking him for a place to stay.
I really don't know what to do.
I'm scared, and hurt, and very lonely. I just want someone to listen to me talk but nobody seems to be interested (especially my girlfriend of almost 2 years).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I constantly feel like I'm about to bust out in tears.
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I can relate to you in a way, even though I'm only thirteen. I would ask your girlfriend if she's truly made at you, or just PMSing. I'd also ask your dad to talk to your mom about the whole situation, unless your parents absolutely can't stand each other. And I don't blame you for getting in your mom's face, she was acting unnecessarily childish.
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I'm 18 so I'm in a weird situation. I'm still getting my diploma (online), and I only work a part-time job in retail, so I don't make much.
I'd rather not bring up any menstrual problem with the girl, as that usually results in fights.
No doubt my mom's family was being childish.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
i feel sorry for you. hang in there.
|

replied May 11th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy (online)
I guess you caught your mum at the wrong time...
I guess she doesn't believe in solving problems with witty repartee...

I guess you are better off away from them...

What has happened to you seems terrible now but give yourself some time for your feelings to settle and it could be you will feel things are better than they would have been if it hadn't happened. My old mum used to say everything happens for the best and usually, in spite of initial contrary indications, she was usually correct...

Could be a number of reasons why your friend didn't reply to your message but I suggest you look long and hard at your girlfriend and ask if she would be better being someone else's girl...

Considering your financial status you want somewhere a bit more permanent to live than a shake-down on a couch. How about contacting some none-violent uncles, aunts, cousins or grandparents before asking work colleagues. Is there a trailer park nearby where you might find cheap accomodation or be able to do some work for a cheaper rent???
Will your father be able to help?

You are going through a painful time and probably shocked and confused into the bargain. It hasn't killed you and it will pass. Get yourself a copy of the Desiderata and read it everyday - it is positively therapeutic!
|