Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

every time i eat something i feel pain!

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
i am 20 yrs old and suffering from constant stomach infection and stomach disorder for about an year. my stool tests always reveal symptoms of stomach infection (puss cells,fat, etc.). i took a lot of medical treatment but nothing seems to be working. every time i eat something i feel pain in my belly after an hour, followed by loose motions. i did a "BARIUM MEAL FOLLOW THROUGH TEST", but the results were normal. i am really worried about my life because nothing seems to be going well because of this problem. currently i am consuming DYRADE M tablets which seem to reduce the pain. but not completely cure me.is it possible the cause may be tape worms or other parasites.

i am not even aware of what exactly is wrong with me. i cant go out as i always fear my stomach going mad. please help.............

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A25148
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Your young age and description of your symptoms indicate the possibility of worm infestation, malabsorption disorder, inflammatory bowel disease (early stages), infective enteritis.

Dyrade-M is a combination of diloxanide furoate and metronidazole, useful in the treatment of intestinal and extraintestinal amoebic infections

Inflammatory bowel disease can present with abdominal pain and diarrhea, but it is usually associated with weight loss, blood in stools, and other systemic signs.

The best way to analyse the underlying issue would be to do a stool test along with a basic panel of blood tests. You might consult your primary doctor or a gastroenterologist for a examination and to order the above tests.

Presence of cysts and parasitic eggs in the stools might help to confirm intestinal infestation with parasitic worms.

Following the advice given above might help to address your concerns.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.