Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Every morning body odor

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've been waking up every morning with a weird body odor. It fills up my entire room so i have to sleep with the windows open. This started when i was in 6th grade(10 years old) and now i'm 19 years old, so it's been about 9 years since this has been happening. It's really frustrating and embarrassing and i feel like i cant talk to anyone about this. I went to a ddocter and they had no idea what i was talking about. This happens every morning when i wake up but after i shower the smell goes away somewhat. I;m really clean person, i shower everyday twice a day, i work out everyday, i eat extremely healthy, wear clean clothes everyday, but yet i wake up every morning with this awful odor. I want to be able to wake up and not smell like this anymore. What is the problem??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2009
do you sweat a lot at night? you can try to change your deodorant that might help. you might need something stronger like Degree. see if that helps
|

replied September 28th, 2009
My husband used to have the same problem! Turns out he has sleep apnea. The sleep apnea causes him to sweat a lot while he sleeps because his body is working so hard to breathe. The sweat was also more stinky than usual sweat because of chemical changes that were going on in his body during the sleep apnea. Now he's on a CPAP sleep machine and no longer has this problem. He also feels better than he ever thought he could, now that he is experiencing REAL sleep. I suggest you go get tested at a sleep clinic. It's really easy, they just put some stickers on your skin to monitor your oxygen levels and you go to sleep.

Sleep apnea is a serious problem if left untreated and leads to other problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, and early death. It's a silent killer. If untreated it will slowly ruin your life.

Unfortunately deodorants won't help.
|
Quick Reply