Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

erection not as hard as before

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
Hi,

I am a 22 year old male. Starting from a year ago it started to feel like that my erections are not as hard as before, I can only flex it to make it harder. This is also the case with my morning erections. Does that mean there is some kind of physical problem with my penis?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2012
(online)
Hello,

Most men, with age, would find subtle changes in their erectile function. But this should not be alarming in nature in most cases.

In young adults (less than 20 years), the sexual excitation, elevated hormones, and lack of stress factors are usually result in good strong erections, most of the time.

With age, responsibilities of life (Study, work, relationships, etc) take a toll and result in increased stress and fatigue.

In such situations, it is very likely that men, would feel reduced erectile capability in certain occasions. But proper rest and stress relief measures would help them find that with good sexual stimulation, their erections are strong as before.

In case, you have issues like - lack of early morning erections, difficulty in maintaining erections for satisfactory intercourse, etc, then you should consult with your doctor for a examination and seek appropriate help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.