Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Erection during prostate exam (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Last time I was at the doctor's for my annual physical he did the DRE exam and I got an erection. I was very embarassed and said nothing. The doctor also said nothing. I'm scheduled for my annual physical and am worried this will happen again. Is this common or a normal reaction? I was too embarassed last time to ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pgnqueen
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2008
Is this common
Hello: WOW that would be quite an event, well at least it is still working. I have heard of this happening before. Hey life happens. Your Doctor is a professional so don't worry about it next time. JerDon & Sara
|

replied May 12th, 2008
me too
Im only in my late twentys and my doc said i needed a prostate exam,As ive never heard of one i thought it was just a blood test or somthin??.

When the day came his nurse took me into an examination room and instructed me to remove all my clothing and put on a johnny. I undressed and she helped me tie the back.I got half a rod on just changing infront of her! Shes about 40 and wholsomely looking.
Now THE BAD PART!!!!!!!!
The doc came in and said,Remove the johhny and climb up onto the table on your hands and knees and dip my back.He grabbed rubber gloves and slid 2 fingers in my anus and pushed and wiggled them around making my penis get rock hard! He did this for several minutes until i had the most powerful orgasm of my life! Huge amounts of sperm flew all over my legs and the table as he and the nurse watched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied October 21st, 2011
erection during a prostate examination
This is not at all uncommon. Insertion of fingers in the anus is very stimulating. Many men like to do this when masturbating to increase their erection hardness and the amount of pleasure they experience when they cum. Not everyone actually has a huge orgasm like you did when examined but its is quite natural to find a finger in your anus stimulating, even when done by a man. I took my teen son for a complete physical recently and he was embarressed to have an erection when his genitals and prostate were examined, but the doctor reassured him that it is very normal and he at least he could be proud that his penis is a good size!
|

replied November 13th, 2008
awesome
Sounds like fun to me. Were you embarrased? I got semi-erect when I had my exam but not to that extent. Didn't have a female nurse to watch, maybe that would have made a difference.
|

replied October 1st, 2013
I was having a talk with the consultant prior to my exam.
He told me he would be inserting his finger in my anus and that it was quite possible to get an erection. He told me I shouldn't worry.
I said "that's okay I'm not overly shy about getting one"
He replied "I didn't mean you, I meant me"
|

replied May 20th, 2009
Female Doctor
My doc is a female in her late 20s. As she noodled around she asked me if I was "rising to the occasion", and I replied, yes. I was in the prayer position (the way they do them in Australia). She looked and saw my throbbing erection and giggled and quipped "Oh Thank God, I thought you has something wrong with your prostate." I told her if she would have been in there another 30 seconds I would have ejaculated. She just smiled and continued to type her notes.
|
Users who thank marques for this post: powerball 

replied May 30th, 2009
Likewise, My family doctor died a few years ago, so now I just make a booking and I get who ever is working. When I had my first prostate exam, I got Dr Sun, she is a Youngish asian lady, not gorgeous, but sexy in that kinda interlectual way. I definatly didn't get hard by beign around her, but I was there because I was having trouble pissing but didn't tell the receptionist when I booked. I had no idea what to expect, last thing that occurred that I was going to get a prostate exam. I went behind the screen and put on the gown and all was still fine, then she commented that I was in very good shape, then I realised that there was a mirror on the eall opposite. That is when I started to get an erection. I can't say I enjoyed the experience, She told me to relax and breath, but it felt wrong so I felt uncomfortable, but once she poked what I assume was my prostate, it made my dick twitch each time she touched it, and this only made it harder. Then to make matters worse, she could tell I was really embarrased, but she told me that my girlfriend was a lucky girl. I just felt humiliated.
She arranged blood tests and I had to go back to get the results. It just turned out I had an infection that was cleared up with antibiotics, but when I went back she smiled. I actually considered asking her out, but my girlfriend is a patient at the same clinic and we had seen dr sun when we got our shots before our last holiday.
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Second DRE
Was just in Australia and went to see me favorite doctor. After a lot of catching up she looked over her notes and asked if I'd had a DRE since she last did one, saying it is over a year. I flushed red and told her no. She giggled, held up her index finger and smiling, very coyly asked are you ready for this, twisting her hand back and forth. We both laughed till we had tears in our eyes. She locked the door and began washing her hands and told me to take off my shoes, socks, pants and underpants. By the time she got to the table and gloved up I more than half hard. She placed a towel on the exam table and asked me to get in the prayer position with my business over the towel. She massaged my anus for about a minute, gently putting the tip of her finger slightly in, while she rested her left hand on my lower back at the top of my crack. She went all the way in very slowly and it was painless, not like the other ones who just cram it in. She pulled it all the way out and did this 3 more times. By this time I am harder than Chinese Arithmetic. As she began the prostate massage, as she called it, I blurted out her name and said I may ejaculate. She leaned close to my ear and said that is what the towel is for. She grasped my penis in her left hand and squeezed and released, still with her finger in my butt. She said it is OK to ejaculate and man the second she said it I shot off like no tomorrow, Wow. She gently removed her finger and told me to remain there. She took a wet warm towel and cleaned my rear and asked me to hop off the table. She steadied me, removed the towel I had ejaculated on and asked me to lie down on my back. She took another warm towel and cleaned my penis, belly and testicles. When she went to her desk and started typing her notes she said I could get dressed when I was comfortable to stand.
|

replied March 8th, 2012
Marques: Truthfully,I'm wondering if this is a real story or your attempt at erotic fiction. Everything written sounded reasonable until you got to the parts of the female doctor doing the ins and outs BEFORE doing the actual DRE/prostate massage. The doctor's grasping your penis just seemed way over the top. Notice your description of a DRE is used first but then morphs to prostate massage. These two concepts are not totally distinct from each other but are two different things. Even the doctor's clean-up after the deed seemed a bit much. Then the story goes back to sounding reasonable. I don't live in Australia but I know it's generally a western culture and unless ejaculation therapy is part of today's urological protocol, I cannot fathom how this scenario would be ethical much less legal.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey mpcsb and others
Perfectly normal, perfectly natural. It doesn't indicate anything about your sexuality. Nervous tissue in your anus is very sensitive and feelings of helplessness can also provoke a strong erotic response weather you like it or not. Orgasm is also normal. Massaging the prostate is not only a way to detect cancer but it's also a way to induce ejaculation in men. If either surprises your doctor it's a good sign you need a new doc.
|

Thanks! WOLF! She is so non chalant about it, even with orgasm. You are soooooo right, if they are surprised, find a new doc.
|

replied August 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
Erection with prostate stimulation is completely normal. Whats not normal is a doctor making comments about girlfriends being lucky or purposely stimulating you to orgasm.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Prostate Exam Erection
My husband has never had a prostate exam, however, after reading the Austrailian Dr. story, I think hes ready.LOL
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Prostate Exam Erection
My husband has never had a prostate exam. However, after reading about the Austrailian Dr. experience...I think hes ready and willing.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
marques where can i find this doctor in aus sounds like fun to me
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Re: Female Doctor
marques wrote:
My doc is a female in her late 20s. As she noodled around she asked me if I was "rising to the occasion", and I replied, yes. I was in the prayer position (the way they do them in Australia). She looked and saw my throbbing erection and giggled and quipped "Oh Thank God, I thought you has something wrong with your prostate." I told her if she would have been in there another 30 seconds I would have ejaculated. She just smiled and continued to type her notes.

can u tell me where i can find this doctor
|

replied April 14th, 2010
no really i like to know im searching for a doc who will give me a prostate exam and doesnt mind an erection or ejaculation but i prefer a younger doc older ones scare me a little
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Im 15 and WOW I'm not excited for a prostate exam It sounds akward and like it hurts a lot
|

replied April 15th, 2010
To Jinjer ~ "normal" perhaps not? NATURAL, Yes! My psychiatrist said it is natural.
To powerball, sorry I would never breach her confidentiality.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
No it's normal as well. Medical staff use prostate stimulation to cause an erection/ejaculation when needed for medical purposes. It would be abnormal if prostate stimulation didn't cause a reaction.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
prostate check up
do anyone then know where in melbourne preferably eastern where there is a good young doctor to get myy prostate checked. i can only find 40+ docs they intimadate me so just wanna find a younger one
|

replied July 4th, 2012
why don't you get yourself some hookers
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Experienced User
marques wrote:
To Jinjer ~ "normal" perhaps not? NATURAL, Yes! My psychiatrist said it is natural.
To powerball, sorry I would never breach her confidentiality.

Didn't say it wasn't natural either. It is a normal/natural occurrence to get an erection or even ejaculate during prostate stimulation.

It's disturbing that an MD would overstep and purposely make a man ejaculate through prostate stimulation during a routine exam. If a gynecologist glossed over a woman's clitoris for routine examination purposes that would be one thing but if he continued to rub her to orgasm...that's not normal/natural. In fact, that is illegal as it is not a necessary part of an exam and to top it off, making comments about how lucky his girlfriend is???
|
12 >>