Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Erection difficulties after hernia surgery

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
i am haveing problem after surgery have eriction haveing hernia repair sence then i notice it is so hard to have eriction and if i do have one it never last .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2010
I feel you man! I am 31 days out of left inguinal hernia surgery,and i am having problems with having an erection exceept a little different. Like I get a really sharp pain on the left side of my penis especially when I get an erection. It hurts so bad,that I don't evven wanna get aroused! Its puting stress on my sex life with my wife,we are both getting frustrated! I dunno why there is pain there,b/c i didn't have that kind of pain before the surgery. I am wondering if it is scar tissue that is grown around the nerve that goes into the penis? I am also having dull aches in both testicles,and b4 surgery it was only in one. I keep hopeing and praying that all the pains will subside eventually! Anyone else experience this???
|

replied September 4th, 2010
Inguinal hernia problems
I am experiencing the same problems as you now that I have had surgery about 8months ago for an Inguinal hernia that I had. Both size and width seem to have changed and erections seem to be rare. Im only 21 so I'm a bit worried at such a young age. Ive heard from other people that they feel that it may be due to the mesh used that could be possibly blocking blood flow? But for any doctors or anyone with a lot of knowledge within this, my question is how do I get this problem fixed? Would I have to go through more surgery for it to be done? And, is the doctor at fault for this, or do these things "just happen" after some surgery's?

And also, for the pain part, I don't think you should worry about it a whole lot. I had the same exact pains for a month or so before they went away. Also it is normal for there to be pain during ejaculation, I had this and asked the doctor because I was worried, but it went away a few weeks after.
|

replied October 15th, 2010
hernia/erectile problem
i seem to have the same problem.two years ago,i had a hernia op in my left side,having had trouble there since i was 22 years old.i am now 65 and cannot get an erection on a regular basis.when i do get aroused,it isnt very hard.when i had the operation,i woke up the next day bleeding.i went back into the hospital at blackpool,england,and waited all day until the "night"shift undertook another operation.it was very very painful,even after being "thrown"out to go back home,i live alone.i have had pain and discomfort in my left testicle and hate to be touched there.ive found that accupunture helped a lot but not a 100%.i dont know if having a vascectomy when i was 27 and the two hernia operations have done harm.however,i am running around after women like i did as a teenager and the thought of a "leg over" is a thing of the past.
|