Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Erectile Dysfuntion- The most important question is it me?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
Hi, I've been dating a 40 year old uncircumcised guy for the past 5 months. I noticed the first time we had sex that during foreplay he did not have an erection until I performed oral on him. We have sex about twice a week and everytime we have morning sex he is unable to keep his erection during penetration. I have to resort to masturbation and oral and then we will try penetration again. I avoided asking him the obvious question because I didn't want to make him even more uncomfortable. But this weekend I finally asked him what was wrong?... he said that because I was so wet he would lose friction. What does that mean?? I thought all guys liked it when a woman was wet... He is only the second guy I've slept with so I am full of questions... Is it erectile dysfunction? when we have sex at night its great no issues there. I thought men love morning sex cause they wake up with an erection? The most important question is it me? I would love some feed back from you guys.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that, your partner might have had performance anxiety, during the initial few times, of your sexual life.

In case, your partner, is able to have early morning erections, then it would be a indicator that he is completely normal and his erection issues could be psychological.

In case, there is lack of early morning erections, it would probably be due to low testosterone levels, or due to some form of penile injury.

But, since you have mentioned, that night time sex, is completely fine, it would seem that the issue could be that he could be a night person (and not comfortable with early morning sex or other factors).

Good sex , need a prepared and relaxed brain. When in stress or when self doubt takes over, the confidence and hence the performance drops.

It is possible, that his erection may subside, when there is excess lubrication too. Though lubrication is good, as it reduces the discomfort, excess of it may reduce the feeling of fullness.

In such cases, a bit of open talk, sexual stimulation (masturbation, oral sex) and change of sexual positions and change of location will also help to improve your sex life.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.