Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

erectile dysfunction caused by over-masturbation

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
Is it true that excessive masturbation can cause erectile dysfunction? I seem to suffer from erectile dysfunction and am very young. I believe excessive masturbation may be the cause.If it is the cause, can quitting masturbation reverse the problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I think excessive masturbation for either sex can cause problems...IMO, control must be honored in order to be ready, willing and able to perform this hot dance of lust....But, these are just my thoughts...

Caroline
|

Extremely eHealthy
Nope, the same muscles that permit and maintain erection for sex are the muscles excercised for these opperations when you masturbate. The more you masturbate the larger and faster your erections become and the better you become at controlling them. It's just how your body works. It's possible that you're being too rough with yourself when you masturbate and damaging nervous tissue or bruising the erectile tissues, making it difficult to sustain a full erection. It's also possibel that you have done something to excess and are losing interrest in it. Use lubrication and masterbate in a comfortable manner, do all things in moderation.

I do caution you against quitting masturbation unless advised to by your doctor. Ejaculation is part of normal male function, it helps regulate you emotionally and physically and protects you from reproducive health issues. If your erectile function is causing you quality of life concerns you should talk to your doctor about what can be done to treat the issue.
|

Community Volunteer
IMO, excessive masturbation, possibly once or up to three times daily in either sex, is something that will and can backfire on you...Not only do you become your own greatest lover, but you lose the magic of knowing what another person can do to your sexual organ to bring you alive...Unless a person is in sexual want for this orgasm that is so special between two people, it is not the same...They have kept themselves so stimulated that they have a hard time concentrating on the sexual part of their lover...For a man this can be not being able to become erect and follow this through with penetration and ejaculation...and for a woman striving to find the ability to orgasm one more time or "faking it"....However, if these same two people decide to have intercourse three times in that same day, they are able to do this without any difficulty...For they are each their own greatest lovers...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply