Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Epitheliod Trophoblastic tumors ?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Last year I needed an emergency hysterectomy. I was having serious pain one night and ended up in the ER. The next morning, I was having surgery. I was later told that it was Epitheliod Trophoblastic tumor, a very rare form of cancer. I still have my ovaries and worry that It may come back. I have read that it can also come back in your lungs or anus. My pap was good this year and I had an MRI of my abdomen, but what about the rest of me. How will I no? What are the symtoms? My Drs don't have much info and I was their first and only case. If you have any info or advice that you could share, I would be very grateful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You may ask for testing your serum level of β-hCG, since this one can raise significantly when the disease relapses in form of metastases at different body organs (small bowels, tonsils, brain, lungs) or you may ask for chest CT scan, intestinal X-ray and brain MRI.
|
Did you find this post helpful?