Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

epillepsy she gets it real bad; turning blue etc.

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
User Profile
My daughter had epilepsy every two months. But when she get it she gets it real bad; turning blue etc. Now that the doctor put her on the capsules she gets it every second night. Sometimes every night. The thing that puzzles me is that while having the seizure she actually calls us to help her. She gets the normal shakes etc but eyes are focusing and can talk. Most of the times crying. After she had her seizure she cant walk. She doesnt have control over her legs. It takes her like 5min to get walking. What happened for the second time in a month is about 10 min. after this particular seizer she turns blind and stars screaming as she knows her eyes are opened but cant see through them. Is this normal
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2012
the temporary blindness sounds like a form of a migraine that can follow a seizure, even though there is no pain... I have experienced these a few times & although scary the vision loss is temporary... just try to keep her relaxed and remind her that it won't last... good luck
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2012
Thanks a lot friend. Feels better allready
Regards
Quintin
|