Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Epilepsy and Mushrooms

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
Would I be safe?
You'll have a seizure
Not sure
Stop worrying, you'll be fine
50%  50%  [ 1 ]
50%  50%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
What would happen if I took 'shrooms on lamictil and keppra (for epilepsy)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lucybones
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2008
Experienced User
You would be silly to do that lol! (not judging)

They say it is bad to drink while on these pills or even if you are epileptic. I'm not sure drugs would be a very good idea ha ha

But whatever floats your boat I would more or less say you would have a seizure. Maybe go into shock it is bad for your body with the shroom's alone.

be safe.
|

I thought of all that, but then remembered that shrooms is just food poisoning. How bad could the food poison be?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Shroom's are a drug none the less sorry to say. Food poisoning or not. It effects your brain and train of thought. Epilepsy deals with issues in the brain, are you sure you want more problems?

its all your choice if you are up for it then you know what to do.
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
i had food poisoning yesterday. i had a total of 20 simple partial sz, each coupled by vomiting. am still havin them today. chinese food to blame. not fun
|

replied January 30th, 2010
SmilesandSunshine,
Mushrooms are not a drug in since your culture has programmed you to believe. They were put here on the planet by the same force that created you and me and everything else found in nature; to help speed up the evolution of the human mind. They have a long history of human use (tens of thousands of years) and have been in the diet of apes for even longer than that. they are partially responsible for monkeys evolving in to higher consciousness. they also happen to be responsible for most of the world's religions, but of course they don't teach you that in the textbooks. the cultural engineers of the western world don't think that we need to know about those kinds of things. Because then we might actually wake up one day and realize that we're destroying our planet by fueling the mindless consumerism that the capitalist ideologies that western world have coaxed in to blindly following. Lets just say it wouldn't be good for business or getting to people to do what they're told if they were all running around enlightened by the divinity contained with in the psychedelic mushroom....but back to Flo's question, i have seen several cases where people under the influence of various psychedelics have seized however, in all of the cases none of the people had ever had and epileptic fit. i'd recommend checking out some of the experience vaults on erowid.org. (very reliable website. absolutely essential for people thinking about experimenting with any psychoactive substances. drug experiences can be some of the most beautiful experiences a person can have, but its important to treat them with respect and know what you're dealing with ahead of time.) happy trips!
|

replied December 9th, 2012
What the f*ck. It still affects your brain, and could potentially mess someone up who has brain related problems.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
I have juvenile myoclonic epilespy. Before I took shrooms I looked all over to see if anyone else with epilepsy had tried them and had a bad experience. I didn't really find much, so I feel obliged to share my experience. I started having seizures in 2008. I have had around 6, all when I was not on medication, sleep deprived or under the influence of alcohol. I used to take 1500 mg of keppra(levetiracetam), and before that valproic acid (but I got off that because it made me feel like a fat zombie), but now I only take 500 mg of keppra a day. I feel like I may be one of the lucky few that "grow out of epilepsy". I could probably stop the meds and be fine. Thats just a little background, because everyone's epilepsy is different.
Anyway, I did mushrooms today. I did approximately half of an eighth. It was a beautiful experience. Go in with a good mind set. Don't be afraid but be cautious. Don't take too much (especially if you are worried), drink water, take extra meds with you Just In Case something happens. Its really not that extreme of a trip if you don't take too much. Its just extremely pleasant.
|

replied June 21st, 2013
I also have Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy and I have to say that lucybones experience is pretty much identical to my own, with some exceptions. I've had JME since I was five but have had four episodes from 2006 to present (mostly due to lack of sleep and stress). I currently take 800mg of Zonisamide (Zonegram) and 400mg of Lamotrigine (Lamictal) and am currently medically controlled. I will probably never be able to "grow out of epilepsy" but that's just life.

So, after much internal debation, I decided to try mushrooms with a friend last night - I also had less than 1/8th, but in the form of chocolate truffles. It was an absolutely fantastic experience. Prior to that, I had been really stressed out and my anxiety was running high (thanks Lamotrigine), but after taking them - I felt like I just had the best massage ever. All that stress was blown out the window.

Anyway, it was probably one of the most fantastic experiences I've had recently. But yeah, take extra medication with you (I always do anyway), and lots of water (you'll want it).
|

replied August 3rd, 2013
this is an interesting post I have epilepsy and I'm bout to do mushrooms I did LSD and molly 2 days after I had a grand mal seizure and was fine I even go to tons of raves I don't let epilepsy limit me. Do what you do just don't skip your meds and you should be fine. sure this post is very old but I figured I'd just throw in my two cents.
|

replied December 10th, 2014
My best friend has had epilepsy since she was born. Its terrifying for me to see her not take care of herself the way she should. However, we have been experimenting in drugs lately and although i don't like that she does them, i cant control what she does. She has taken Molly, acid and shrooms multiple time and smokes weed at least once every day. Never had any issues but the long term affects have been getting worse I've noticed. The seizures happen more often than before and she seems not fully there all the time. Examples are while at work, in the middle of a conversation she tenses up and i see her starting to shake for about 5 seconds and then gets herself together and is back to reality. Its scary to watch, while she is helpless and embarrassed. Also knowing she drives herself around is very scary. When i say she doesn't seem 'There' all the time i mean she doesn't think straight sometimes. The other day she walked right into a wall and was so embarrassed she acted like it didn't happen. just small things like that. My suggestion is if you are interested in doing these intense drugs and have a disease like epilepsy, i would not do them. I hate seeing my best friend slowly losing her mind because of a drug she wanted to do for a couple hours and knowing shes helpless because of it. Please don't do that to yourself and your loved ones. Just try your best to take care of yourself.
|
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply