Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Epididymitis contraction ?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
My husband has been diagnosed with epididymitis which the doctor said was caused from the colon as his urine was clear. If my husband has not been sexually active with me, could he have contracted epididymitis from someone else; i.e. sexual anal intercourse? As a couple, there has been doubt to his true sexuality so I was wondering if he could have contracted from a gay affair as we haven't had sexual intercourse in years.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2010
Hi there. Thanks for posting on Ehealthforum. Could you be mistaken, I wonder, when you thought the doctor said your husband's epididymitis was "caused from the colon"? Because frankly that does not make any sense. In general the exact origins of epididymitis is not known. It can come from any site within the genito-urinary tract including to prostate gland, the ejaculatory ducts or bladder. But it does not come from the intestine nor is it unique to or commoner in any particular sexual orientation group. I hope that helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.