Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

eosinophilia, absolute neutropenia, relative lymphocytosis?

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
i have had a complete blood picture and it showed mild eosinophilia(8%), absolute neutropenia, relative lymphocytosis(52%) and mild monocytosis(12%).
so i just wanted to know what does it mean and if its something serious or not. and what shouls i do.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2011
Blood Disorders Answer A25332
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Normal blood leukocyte counts are 4.3 to 10.8  10 x 9/L with neutrophils representing 45 to 74% of the cells, bands 0 to 4%, lymphocytes 16 to 45%, monocytes 4 to 10%, eosinophils 0 to 7%, and basophils 0 to 2%.

Since you have mentioned absolute neutropenia, but have not mentioned the exact levels I might not be able to analyse it appropriately.

When the absolute neutrophil count (ANC; band forms and mature neutrophils combined) falls to 500 cells/L, control of endogenous microbial flora (e.g., mouth, gut)is
impaired; when the ANC is 200/L, the inflammatory process is absent. This can result in severe life threatening infections.

You might consult a hematologist, who can examine you and your lab reports and determine the exact course of action.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: absolute
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.