Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Enlarged veins in hands

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the past few days, I have had enlarged veins in my left hand and wrist especially, most noticably. Also enlarged in right hand and feet. It feels numb. ( I have noticed that when I lift my hand over my head the veins go down.
)

It feels numb and sometimes tingly. I've also noticed enlarge veins on my chest. These symptoms come and go. What could possibly be the cause, and should I be very concerned. I know I need to see a doctor but I won't have insurance for another couple of weeks so I am tryig to hold off. I'm getting scared though.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Re: enlarged veins in hands
Hi, I've suffered from enlarged veins in my hands (and recently chest and neck) for years and never been diagnosed. They can also rupture easily so I've now been left with a couple of little permanent aneurisms in my finger joints that stop me doing a lot of stuff as they're permanently weak.

After 20 years of trying to get diagnosed I feel like I've finally hit upon a couple of possible causes. Firstly I'm going to get my mercury fillings removed as prolonged mercury poisoning could be causing problems and I'm also investigating hypothyroidism as I have many symptoms relating to these two conditions and they seem to be related.

Might be worth you looking into too, let me know how you get on as I've always felt pretty alone with this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply