Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Enlarged, sore, hard breasts and nipples! Not pregnant.

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Hi there,

I am a 19 year old female who for the past 3 years has been on the depo contraceptive injection, I recently changed over to the contraceptive pill as the depo shot was making me quite moody, i have been on the pill for around 1 1/2 months now.
A few weeks ago, I started noticing that my breasts were very sore and hard to the touch, they had enlarged quite bit too. Accompanying this was erect, tender nipples, almost like a tingling sensation when touched. I begun to get pregnancy symptoms such as nausea around this time and so i took a pregnancy test, two of which came back inconclusive and two of which came back negative - all taken at the doctors, they concluded i was not pregnant and left it at that.

However, although my nipples are no longer tender, i have come off all forms of contraceptive to see if the symptoms persist - and they do, my breasts are still hard, large and sore, my nipples have grown in size and darkened slightly and i am constantly feeling sick with literally no appetite. I have searched the internet to find others experiencing the same thing, thinking it was withdrawl symptoms from the depo shot but i cannot find anything similar.
Did you find this post helpful?
|