Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Enlarged Prostate Supplemernts

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
There's so many on the market. Been leaning toward a supplement called BioVibe..Any adive one way or the other would be helpful or any other suggested supplement that actually works. Thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2010
I have been reading really good things about the natural supplements Prosta-q and bp-qmax. When I finish my current bout of antibiotics and alpha blockers (which dont seem to be working) I am definitely going to try this.
|

replied August 27th, 2010
I hear what you are saying. I've had prostate troubles most of my life and those things don't work for me either. I'll look into the supplements you suggested and give it a try. Any new info you hear I'd be glad to hear it..Thanks...Pete
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Prostate Problems
Just wanted to stop by to report on a cheap supplement that has helped me with my BPH(enlarged Prostate)and frequent infections. I am 41 and was diagnosed with benign prostate hyperplasia after a severe infection of my prostate that spread to my bladder and kidneys. I was on 6 different antibiotics for a period of 4 months and prescribed the generic version of Flomax. Four hours after taking this alpha-blocker, I collapsed and lost consciousness. I believe it was due to the fact that I also take a beta blocker for hypertension. I decided to avoid any type of chemical drug for my prostate and did tons of research because the pain and pressure would not go away. I read that 90% of men with an enlarged prostate have very low levels of zinc in the body and zinc is needed for the prostate to function properly. I went to the store and bought a four dollar bottle of zinc and took one pill twice per day. By the fourth day, the pain and pressure was gone and I was again able to urinate with a strong stream. To anyone suffering with this condition, please try it and consult with your doctor to make sure it would be ok. By the way, the infection is also gone. Have a great day!
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
Thanks for the info...I have been on Zinc for awhile but only take one pill daily (50mg)and really can't say it's helped very much..Maybe I should "up" my dosage..And my prostste problem has absolutely "killed" my labido. Don't like THAT at all...
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
What form of zinc are you taking? I took 100mg twice a day for four days and and each day after, I have been taking one a day since then. Zinc picolinate is one of the best, including chelated. The least effective is the gluconate from what I can tell in my research. This may or may not be the reason is is not working well for you. I am sure what works for me may not work for everyone but I am sure it will help many men suffering with this condition. Smile
|
Tags: prostate
Quick Reply