Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Endometriosis

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
Hi there my name is Christina and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 15 I'm now 22. During my diagnostic laprascopy I had complications so as of right now know one will check to see if my endo is spreading, I think it is, I have always had pain in the right side of my ovary and the last three months it has been both sides, but now I'm not even close to my menstrual cycle and I'm still haveing severe pain (sharp) in my left ovary, please help. I have been on different kinds of BC none of them have worked, was put on Lupron when I was 18, there saying that they will only put me under if its life or death situation, but I'm no doctor and I could tell its getting worst what should I do? Thank you for your time.

Christina Walker
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2009
I had endo with a hosts of complications. I know what you mean when you say no doctor wants to deal with it. I went through something like 5 doctors before I found my current doctor. I was even told by one doctor that periods are suppose to be painful, suck it up. I understand the frustration. I would suggest you keep shopping for doctors. And maybe try specialized clinics. My current doctor work in an OB/weird difficult pregnancy/fertility place. You may need someone who is more specialized than a regular GYn. Sadly, this generally means that they are more expensive, than a regular Gyn. I was fortunate enough to be taken on as a study case, which means there are students along, but once you get over the initial embarrassment in it ok. Anyway, there are people who can help, you may just have to shop around until you find them.
|

replied January 14th, 2010
I can completely relate to what you are going through. I was diagnosed with Endo 8 years ago and my pains has gradually gotten worse and to the point where its every day now. ( i am now 27) MY gyno refuses to treat me. I switched Doctors and he told em that since I am on the pill I should not be having these issues but will put me on Lupron to see if it helps. Honestly I am terrified to go on this. Especially since I am getting married in 4 mots. I don't want to be a bridezilla for the wedding. AM I wrong in rather having a surgery than Lupron. Will this cause infertility?
|

replied January 21st, 2010
i can relate with this post because i have endo and all the drs just want to give me bc but none helps. i found out i have endo when i was 13 and am 20 now so its been very rough for me and the pain has gotten so bad over time but now its unbearrable. i dont know what to do!!!!
|