Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Endometriosis - sharp throbbing pain where my left ovary is

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
User Profile
I was diagnosed with Endometriosis in July of 2010 via laproscopy. My GYN said that there was endometrial scar tissue on the back of my uterus. 4 months after that surgery I unexpectedly became pregnant with my now 10 mo old daughter. Up until a few months ago I was experiencing minimal endometriosis symptoms and pain. Now I will get this sharp throbbing pain where my left ovary is, 3 inches below my belly button and 3 inches to the left. The sharp throbbing pain lasts for 45 seconds and then is a general dull ache. I have also been experiencing the need to urinate more frequently, sometimes every 10-20 minutes with a full bladder each time. I don't drink that much to pee that much. There is this constant pressure and bloat in my lower stomach. I have gained almost 15 lbs back since losing my pregnancy weight when I eat healthfully and exercise regularly. I would just like to know what this pain in my left ovary and other symptoms are since I haven't experienced them before. Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2012
Endometriosis Answer A36675
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your ovaries are functional, chances are that the endometriosis implants/growths are responding to the hormones produced resulting in recurrence or worsening of symptoms. You should consider visiting your treating doctor/gynecologist and go ahead with thorough examination and laparoscopic evaluation done to look for the endometrial implants. Getting them removed can help with controlling the symptoms. Post-surgery, women have better recovery and long term relief if treatment is combined with regression therapy with use of hormones. Endometriosis symptoms can persist or recur if estrogen production or supplementation is present. Symptoms can also persist if there has been deep retroperitoneal endometriosis (as these places are not easily reachable with conventional laparoscopy). Discuss your symptoms with your treating doctor/gynecologist at the earliest. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.