Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Endometriosis & Polycystic Ovary Syndrome + Issues from IUD

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I have been diagnosed with endometriosis (a.k.a. endo.) and polycystic ovary syndrome (a.k.a. PCOS). I also have very irregular periods...I can go for months without a period or have 2+ in 1 month. I sometimes have periods that last a day or periods that can last almost 2 weeks. Also, sometimes my periods are light, sometimes they are heavy, and I often pass lots of blood clots. I am often in pain due to these issues and was routinely taking 1600 mgs. of ibuprofen for the pain and using a heating pad when the pain became too bad. There are times when the pain, becomes unbearable though and despite anything I do to try to relieve it, it persist and I end up in bed unable to move and in pure misery. This has started to very negatively affect my life and I am starting to feel as though things will never be ok again for me due to this. I saw my primary care dr. a few weeks ago and he was very concerned about my blood pressure (I have been on blood pressure meds. for over 6 yrs. now). He informed me that the ibuprofen is bad for my blood pressure as are the birth control pills that my gynecologist had me taking to try to help with my symptoms from the endo. and PCOS, plus he said the agonizing pain is surely increasing my blood pressure as well (my blood pressure was extremely high at the appt.). The combination of the ibuprofen and birth control pills were also doing a number on my stomach, thus I vomited for about a month straight and lost over 30 lbs. due to this. My primary care dr. at the time of that visit doubled my blood pressure medicine and advised me to see my gynecologist about a better treatment plan for my endo. and PCOS due to the negative effects I was experiencing from the current treatment plan. So I took his advice and made an appt. with my gyno.. She immediately acted as though dealing with my situation was an inconvenience and she didn't know what else to do for me since I wasn't ready to make the decision to have a hysterectomy or ablation of my uterus (I am only 30 yrs. old and not sure if my husband and I want more kids or not...We have 1 child). Well, to get to the point she decided an IUD was the only other option for me and she didn't really properly explain it to me. She insisted I do it right then and there in her office and didn't even give me the chance to think it over or look into it (she even had me fill out the paperwork for the procedure after she had done it...I didn't even know there was paperwork to fill out for it until after the fact) and now upon researching info. on IUD's I have discovered not only did she withhold info. about the IUD, but she also bold face lied to me...She told me it was the only solution besides surgery to my problem and that it would reduce the pain and not affect my blood pressure or have any other negative effects. Well, sure enough since the moment she put it in the IUD has caused me severe pain (almost like contractions and being stabbed...Which is worse than and more constant than the pain I was in before), plus my blood pressure is sky high, I am vomiting and constantly nauseas, and now the gyno. refuses to remove the IUD even after I went to the E.R. due to the pain, my blood pressure, and the pure agony I am in! She claims my body will become acclimated to it and that I need to wait it out! It has been almost a week now since she inserted the IUD and honestly if I could find the string I would pull it out myself since I am in so much pain! If anyone has any suggestions on what I can or should do in this situation it would be much appreciated. I have an appt. with my primary dr. in 2 weeks, but I don't think I can wait that long and no other gynos. in my area are accepting new patients.
Did you find this post helpful?
|